project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking
Default Re: Penalty for shooting unarmed soldiers

Would it be possible to make it so that for every 1-5 minutes you have an unarmed person (say a crashed chopper pilot) within a... idk, 10 foot radios of an solder on the other team, the other team gets one ticket?

That would encourage taking of prisoners (so you being the prison master taking you out of the game your team is rewarded)

Also, If you had an entire squad get captured (and they played along) the team would be able to go send out a rescue mission with some cool gunfights xD

Thats what i would like best for the system if possible =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
illidur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Post
Would it be possible to make it so that for every 1-5 minutes you have an unarmed person (say a crashed chopper pilot) within a... idk, 10 foot radios of an solder on the other team, the other team gets one ticket?

That would encourage taking of prisoners (so you being the prison master taking you out of the game your team is rewarded)

Also, If you had an entire squad get captured (and they played along) the team would be able to go send out a rescue mission with some cool gunfights xD

Thats what i would like best for the system if possible =)
not possible.
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
Phantom2

Now what kind of idiot will decide to not shoot a person in uniform, unarmed, a "spy" you might say, because he doesn't have any armament? And it's pointless, why would a person give up his rifle in the first place. And a pilot would be arrested but if you're gonna get arrested as a pilot, you could just suicide before they get near you.
Phantom2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Post

Well... yeah... what if the unarmed soldiers decide to run away?

Answer: Shoot'em

So... why this system?

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #15
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Well... yeah... what if the unarmed soldiers decide to run away?

Answer: Shoot'em

So... why this system?
suicide has a minute spawn (i personally think it should be longer, but thats not the discussion) You get shot as unarmed, (or pilot) I personally think that the other team should get a few tickets (1 or 2) for physically shooting him, not for the helo getting blown up and him dying.

I dont know why you would have that system, But i for one when i play, I try never to suicide. If get shot down as a pilot, I run and then i relay info to my team while trying to hide from the enime.

If they spot me, I tell them that i surrender, and stand in the open, hands up.
This would just add a small... change if any to gameplay, Might convince your team to work together and try to rescue you.. If their could be anyway to reward your team for getting a capture teammate (who has been captured for more then a minute) back to your main base, then you should get a reward.

But i doubt my version of it is possible in the engian, and sorry for semi-hyjaking the thread.

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lromero View Post
I've seen this happen before to pilots but they end up being executed anyway unless there could be a way that arresting them would give your team intelliegence about enemy firebases.
I saw some idiots on Operation Archer take a pilot hostage.... then took him back to their cache....

We always rescue pilots, last round I played as Heli transport (Barracuda) we had one of our Pilots (J-SMUT i think) go down & managed to swim to the beach, then i went & picked him up. Was good fun & we got our Pilot back without losing a ticket.

No need for a surrender system, tbh in the middle of a fire fight if someone does try to surrender 9 times out of 10 they'll just be shot, it's easier than taking them prisoner. Only time you'd take them prisoner is if a journalist or camera crew is around

But think about it, you're putting suppressive fire down on a position, someone stands up, you're going to shoot them before they have a chance to put their hands up, or before you notice they have their hands up.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeHunt View Post
search string : Penalty unarmed soldiers.

scroll to page 3 -- no threads.

but to prove me wrong please show me some threads...

but I think this could work just fine. It works with insurgent collaborators/civilians. Except that AAS does not have binders, just knives.

The way it would work. Shoot unarmed - lose tickets like TK
Arrest them and have opposing team(POW team) lose tickets like destroying equipment.
Keeping them hostage might be realistic, but not do-able under current setup.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ostages-2.html

But more importantly, from OP : "If the enemy TK's the hostage accidentally than the tk'r would get his points set to zero."

Although the OP was focusing his suggestion around being a HOSTAGE, it still sounds like a penalty to me.

However, if this was implemented, then Collab tactics would be used to setup ambushes and traps. Do you think any conventional faction would strip down one of their soldiers, push him into an open area, in hopes to draw out enemies? And would they put his life on the line, not knowing what their ROE is?

Plus, this can also be used for giving yourself invulnerability, in a way. Drop your kit as someone is trying to kill you from far away, they get penalized because you dropped your equipment..?

Also herbiie, I lol'd. Pickup rpg, look down, cache destroyed?

Last edited by Dev1200; 10-08-2010 at 01:05 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #18
Engineer

Uniform makes you a soldier, not a weapon.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #19
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

Basically just apply the civilian collaborator system to the other gameplay types.

I am not suggesting the taking of prisoners to hold them. I think using the binders to arrest them(and thus kill them) would be the ideal way of dealing with an unarmed soldier. That way there is no babysitting them, or chatting with them while they give intel to their team etc.

Taking them hostage and keeping them alive might be kinda funny, but pointless. The civilian collaborator rules could apply to unarned soldiers in AAS and should be possible. the only problem I see is having a knife and not any binders.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #20
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeHunt View Post
Basically just apply the civilian collaborator system to the other gameplay types.

I am not suggesting the taking of prisoners to hold them. I think using the binders to arrest them(and thus kill them) would be the ideal way of dealing with an unarmed soldier. That way there is no babysitting them, or chatting with them while they give intel to their team etc.

Taking them hostage and keeping them alive might be kinda funny, but pointless. The civilian collaborator rules could apply to unarned soldiers in AAS and should be possible. the only problem I see is having a knife and not any binders.

You are failing to give a plus for giving up your kit? Letting them arrest you will never happen unless you are stupid. There are so many minus's towards this suggestion it won't be worth it.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
penalty, shooting, soldiers, unarmed