project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #21
Sgt.BountyOrig

Default Re: trans huey =/= supply huey

I had an idea similar to this, it was to make a one-man chinook that serves the sole intent of flying supplies, thus allowing for the removal of logi trucks on maps such as Jabal Al Burj, or Muttrah City.
Sgt.BountyOrig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 AM   #22
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
removal of logi trucks
do not forget about repair stations or CSBs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #23
DeltaFart

Sorry for the necro of this thread, I had the thought just now that bounty org had, and I decided to do a search but it doesn't seem like it had much discusison other than what about this aspect or issue?
I figure some places say Muttrah, you wouldn't be in any hurry to land unarmored(or lightly armored?) logistic trucks, and you shouldn't have any need for a combat support bridge...unless you want to bridge the gap between the peninsula dock and the castle? Seems like a worthless endeavor to me
Anyway I was thinking of the idea, an unarmed(or armed if they don't come in any other configuration, AKA the Hip is what I'm thinking of) CAS transport helicopter, say on Muttrah you have the Hydra Huey, 2-3-4 or however many transports there are cause I'm never getting onto a game with that map at the start on the US side, and a logistics helicopter that looks like the CAS Huey, closed sides no rocket pods, and it drops 2 crates and 1 repair station(or however many they drop from Logistic trucks) and then when the next wave of helos spawn in, you have like 1 or 2 more logicopters spawn in place of having however many trucks you usually get on the docks.
It'd have to be fleshed out alot more to be a viable idea, I guess maybe Yamalia or whatever that flat siberian thing is called with CDN vs RF fighting over for no real reason, really anyplace that doesn't have a preset up base that you don't have to fly to cap at the start alla (ala?) Jabal Al Burj.
I realize they'll be the oh we don't need more people taken from the field of battle to fly these, but that's why I'd think you'd have to remove the logitruck to balance it out becuase you'll usually have teh logistics squad just driving back and forth between the area behind the battle and base reloading crates and repair stations for vehicles
I don't know it seemed like a good idea at the time I thought of it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 AM   #24
ShockUnitBlack

I won't say yes or no, but I will say if you do it for the Huey, you need to do it to every other transport helicopter in the game - faction asymmetry darn it!

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, the current classes of helicopters are as follows -

Heavy Helicopter - Two crates, eight player slots. Only example I can think of currently is the Chinook.

Medium Helicopter - One crate, eight player slots. The Merlin, Huey, and Black Hawk are examples.

Light Helicopter - No crates, less than eight player slots. I believe the Lynx and the new Chinese helicopter that's coming falls into this category too.

Light Attack - Anything without much armour and with rockets falls into this category. The Kiowa and CAS Huey are examples.

Attack - Armour, lots of guns. The Apache falls in here.

This is clearly already a tonne of 'copters to juggle (and not every army has a full compliment yet, which is bad) so I'm concerned that adding a whole new category of helicopter is going to overextend PR's resources and force the devs to plug a bunch of newly-formed holes in the faction-design ship when there are enough that need plugging already.

Not saying it's a bad idea (I'd like a lot if I felt there weren't so many things to do currently) but I don't think PR's ready yet.

ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #25
DeltaFart

Yeah I guess in regards to the statement that PR isn't ready

To the statement that we need faction symettry, so long as a map can make it useful, or worth having than any faction can have it

Old 12-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #26
Dev1200

Separating the two would just make it confusing and wouldn't help anything.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 AM   #27
DeltaFart

How you figure? Not exactly a productive comment

Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #28
Dev1200

I thought it was obvious. obviously not ^_^

It requires one more pilot and another vehicle. Combining the two makes more sense. Why wouldn't a regular huey be able to carry some supplies?

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #29
Teek
Supporting Member

Hueys are too small to carry people and a large crate. If only there was a way switch between being able to carry 8 men and small crates or 2 men and a large crate.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 AM   #30
DeltaFart

The idea I'm having is for certain maps, the forces wouldn't land logi trucks, yeha they probably mean alot more, but I figure for a USMC assault map they'd try to fly in all their resources from the ship or bring them in on armored vehicles, and an M35 would be a rarity in the place.
And like teek said huey's too msall for a full load and the supplies for setting up a forward position, well as far as I'm aware? If someone could explain to me the capabilities of the huey or other similar choppers I'd be grateful

Here's the big reason I thought of this
I was on muttrah, on a coop server, surrounded by a bunch of bots in BMPs, and we were trying to get some supplies to us to use the HAT on the guys, but the isue is that the guy kept didn't want to go near the area since he said it'd take the only transport left(i'm assuming it was the only transport left on the carrier, which at this point who cares?) So then I thought what if we had a dedicated logistics chopper to run supplies around? it'd be able to be put down where we need it and the risk need to have a supply truck run away from a bunch of BMPs wouldn't be an issue since he cna use hte buildings to hide his approach and before the BMPs have a chance to get a fix on him after moving it'd have come out the wawy it went in

Last edited by DeltaFart; 12-29-2010 at 02:56 AM..

Tags
huey, supply, trans