project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #11
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: light anti-air cannon?

Make them sit inside a pillbox so they can't fire at ground targets. And add some type of sight.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
Imchicken1

Choppers already get ripped apart by everything out there from APC's to handheld AA. The MEC Quad-AA-Cannon (or whatever its called) and the V.A.D.S. (Chaingun in the US main in silent eagle) are extremely deadly, and would render choppers and possibly jets useless in area's they're placed. The stationary AA is dodgeably thanks to flares, but the "light AA" would be very OP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I won't cluck for you
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #13
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
It would be viable to have them in again if they were only able to fire once locking onto a plane (gun won't auto track, just only be able to fire when looking at an aircraft.) I honestly think they would be much more useful and skillful than the current *look at aircraft for 2 seconds....fire....enemy destroyed*. No skill to it these days, I remember how much flak and vulcan fire spewing into the sky at a jet added to the atmosphere of a map.
just like that.
so you deploy AA assets,you can choose that you deploy "heavy AA gun" or "light AA cannon"...

heavy AA gun works just like it works now,light cannon works that you must aim to air target maybe 4 second when cannon is ready to shoot.
you cant shoot with it at ground troops cos its not lock on these.it locks just air assets.

i can imagine examble in silent eagle how light air cannon trasers fill the sky...
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #14
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
They had them in older versions i think, but were removed because people would more often use them on infantry and light vehicles then on air craft

Hell yeah ! i remember my self using the GAU8 AAA against every thing that came close to the FOB it was obviously a great way to not use it against aerial target

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
Redamare
Supporting Member

yea i could seet that being exploited ..... aiming below the lines of the sky and shooting the city up.....

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #16
Haji with a Handgun

Everything can be abused whether we like it or not. I think AA cannons would add a lot to gameplay, and tracers filling up the sky looks awesome. Currently, with the AA we have now, its just not the same feeling when you auto-lock and annihilate a chopper or jet. I think light AA would give gunners more control over what they hit, rather than the missile which can lock onto a flare.

Also, I'm just saying, but putting a flak 88 SOMEWHERE in the game would be epic. Why only have guns that shoot bullets? Flak cannons would be perfect because all you have to do is hit near the aircraft. Give flak like 2x the power of a frag and the ability to damage aircraft. And seeing the black clouds of smoke added to the tracers would make for some unbelievable atmosphere.

EDIT: The Flak 88 is pure silliness. Im not seriously suggesting we put a WW2 anti-air cannon ingame. Does anyone know of y modern day flak cannons? Or is it all AAA and Missiles?

In Game: Marxman

Last edited by Haji with a Handgun; 08-15-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Old 08-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
goguapsy

I think those would look great and look awesome. As badmojo420 suggested, just put them inside a foxhole so they can't fire at ground troops. No need to make the trigger locked.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #18
superhunty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haji with a Handgun View Post
Also, I'm just saying, but putting a flak 88 SOMEWHERE in the game would be epic. Why only have guns that shoot bullets? Flak cannons would be perfect because all you have to do is hit near the aircraft. Give flak like 2x the power of a frag and the ability to damage aircraft. And seeing the black clouds of smoke added to the tracers would make for some unbelievable atmosphere.
Yes it would be cool but isnt that a WW2 German artillery cannon? And shooting a fast jet with one of those? not gonna happen...
superhunty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
Brainlaag

yeah they would need some balance but damn it would be so much cooler to have these flaks rather than the stupid AAs we have now. Much more feeling when going into a hot zone. Would it be possible to make the Lock-on AAs only buildable on maps with jets and/or attack choppers. So in maps like Jabal only the Flak as deployable AA. IMO that would help a lot. Has to be tested tho
Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit View Post
just like that.
so you deploy AA assets,you can choose that you deploy "heavy AA gun" or "light AA cannon"...

heavy AA gun works just like it works now,light cannon works that you must aim to air target maybe 4 second when cannon is ready to shoot.
you cant shoot with it at ground troops cos its not lock on these.it locks just air assets.

i can imagine examble in silent eagle how light air cannon trasers fill the sky...
I love how you class the AA missiles we have now as "Heavy" and the AA Guns (AAA) as "Light".

If you haven't realized its the other way round. The AA missiles are a light AA defence, short ranged AA missiles that are only a few small bits that can easily be packed away and setup in a short space of time.

The AA Guns, or AAA, the one your actually talking about is called a ZPU-4 and they weigh 1,810kgs which is hardly "Light" and also pack a huge punch with there 4, 14.5mm cannons which can penetrate 32mms of armour at 500m so any chopper being hit by one of these is going to be dead pretty damn quickly.

In gameplay terms, these also require no "lock" like missiles do to fire and also give the pilot no warning other than a stream of tracers coming up to them so they are very unforgiving to any pilot and very easy for anyone to shoot down anything with these, other than jets would be pretty tricky but still if you got a few good hits on a jet it would be falling to bits in a few secs.

These would be too powerful w/e way you look at these to make them into "deployables" and that's before you consider there impact they have on ground targets which we know from past versions is huge and to now allow that would be unrealistic since they are meant to be able to engage ground targets as well, hence the 32mm armour penetration.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antiair, cannon, light