project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #21
darklord63

Default Re: Forgotten Hope 2 fencing.

This is what I'm proposing. Wooden fences like the my picture are able to be crawled under. They will also be able to be driven through. This is unexploitable in the way you said because wooden fences offer little protection and you have to be going a certain speed to pass though them. I'm not saying tanks should be able to be driven through chain link fences because that is exploitable, nor should chain link fences be able to be crawled under. Rails such as the ones on some streets should be able to be crawled under, but not driven through because they are made of thick metal.

Basically:
Thin wooden fences: Drive-throughable at a certain speed/crawl underable
Metal Rails: Crawl underable
Chain link fences, ect...: Remain the same as they are now.

Semper Fudge
In game alias- LEUTShinySides
darklord63 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #22
ytman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawncaptain View Post
While it would be nice for tanks to be able to pass through chain-link fences, I can already see an exploit there. One could position the tank "inside" the fence just so that the turret is on the far side and reverse when spotted where you'd be invincible since tank shells explode on impact with fences IIRC.
They were talking about wooden fences like in DragonFly Cornfield. (which right now are destructible).
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
Not that bad of a compromise...
Ye if you remember ages ago I was working on something a bit like this but with large hedge rows so not every type of vehicle could drive though them and tanks would need to put a little effort to get though them but would really only slow them down a little while going though them, although never finished off the idea.

Dest fences is naturally the most immersion approach but like you said, this is a good compromise when it comes to the dest object count of BF2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #24
AquaticPenguin

I think with something like a picket fence it would be better to have the cols set up so you could get underneath them in crouch mode rather than prone mode, it wouldn't look fabulous but I don't like the idea of 'prone-diving' every time you meet a fence, imo that would just look more silly.

Anyway that's a bit off topic and nitpicky for what is a broad suggestion.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #25
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord63 View Post
Well either way, current PR fences are not drive-throughable or able to be crawled under. Although it is unrealistic to have a 20 ton vehicle be stopped by wood fencing, it is also unrealistic to be able to pass right through them. Regardless being able to drive through them is a more accurate representation and it makes the game more enjoyable. (Not having to drive around huge fencing.) It also seems like a popular idea.
Being able to crawl under a fence is even more advantageous to PR. Due to the high stamina loss of jumping over fences when they clearly have enough room to be crawled under.
you cant have that much destructible stuff in BF2 i agree with driving through fences but not quite crawling under some because some are made to jump over and retard the movement
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #26
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

for the larger fences I'd say lets not do this, putting destructable sections that are easy to recognise would be the best way forward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #27
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
View Post
While it would be nice for tanks to be able to pass through chain-link fences, I can already see an exploit there. One could position the tank "inside" the fence just so that the turret is on the far side and reverse when spotted where you'd be invincible since tank shells explode on impact with fences IIRC.
And even as far as non-destructible fence-like structures go, one could just change them not to stop bullets. A piece of wood wouldn't effectively stop any sort of projectile anyway.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #28
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
for the larger fences I'd say lets not do this, putting destructable sections that are easy to recognise would be the best way forward
You can't really go 1/2 and 1/2 on this, its really all or nothing tbh.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #29
[R-COM]Glimmerman
Dutch Faction Lead

Send a message via MSN to [R-COM]Glimmerman

This would take away a bit of frustration for a lot of players if used, I hope it be implemented.

Cheers,
Glimmer

[R-COM]Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #30
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Roar, I rad only the 1st page. +1.
Those thin wooden fences on Asad Khal are so damn annoying cuz u have to drive around them every time..

Last edited by Nebsif; 07-26-2010 at 11:52 AM..

Tags
fencing, forgotten, hope