project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
biscuit123
Default Mines and mine markers

I've searched, yet haven't found a suggestion thread that deals with this specific problem.

Now at the moment, mine markers disappear about 20 minutes after you've placed them, I'm sure that this applies to both the commander and the mine placing individual. If this isn't hard coded, this needs to be changed for obvious reasons. Mine markers should be permanent, unless the commander removes them.

Also I found the other day that after placing about 4 markers, any new markers I placed (as a mine layer, not commander) would override the previous; the previous markers would disappear. I'm not sure if this is a bug, as I seem to remember that previously more markers were available. I think you should be able to place 6/7/8 markers.

Now the most important part of this post. Mines disappearing when the placer dies. This is a game breaker, especially if you're an insurgent whereby mines are one of the most important assets you have, and after you've spent the last half an hour laying mines in strategic locations. Mines need to remain for the whole round, unless they've been triggered, of course.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
yakuz
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mines and mine markers

edit: sounded too ranty,

I believe your allowed 5 mine markers, and this is to stop people spamming the map/drawing stuff

With disappearing mines they last 20mins but I definitely believe they should be present the whole round for both gameplay and realism, I'm not sure of the reasoning for them disappearing?
Last edited by yakuz; 06-20-2010 at 10:21 AM..
Old 06-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Pronck
Supporting Member

I already mentioned this after the v0.9 Release, you have a maximum number of 3 mine markers. Before 0.9 they were unlimited, but I caused lots and lots of server crashes and CTD's. So just don't place more then 3 Mines, warn your teammates in time or let your squadmates place and mark the mines you wanted to place.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...t-up-10-a.html

Admiral General of the *Liberation Army Against Freedom*
Old 06-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

This has been suggested before, and the limit is there for two reasons firstly to prevent abuse of the markers and secondly to prevent server crashes.

Mines last for 10 minutes after you die, which imo is long enough and again the purpose is to prevent server crashes. If you're a sapper my advice simply would be to make sure you are very very careful so that you don't lose your kit.

Locked.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Closed Thread

Tags
markers, mine, mines