project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #21
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: [AR Kits] Change to the undeployed recoil

Grandma, how are you supposed to cover your team from the buildings. The AR is as good as it gets with the options right now.

Do you realise that if you move with the deployed mode deviation skyrockets while with undeployed acts like a normal rifle.

I dont really find any problem here, and someone stated that heavier guns have manageable recoilas shown in this video.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #22
Bellator

My believe is that all armies would arm all of their soldiers with light machine guns like m290 if they could afford to do so. The AR is simply a superior weapon in most cases compared to the assault rifle, and there is no reason why an AR would be less accurate than an assault rifle when fired in controlled bursts. ARs like MG3 and PKM are of course a different case since they fire the old battle rifle caliber, which kicks.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #23
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

YouTube - Army Soldier dual-wields some M249's

This should be the undeployed option of the AR...

.:2p:.Smiddey
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #24
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Jam View Post

What I'm suggesting is to
Add a Day of Defeat: Source style recoil to an undeployed and unscoped SAW where if you fire the massive recoil will have you looking at the sky instead of infront of you. To counter this and still keep the undeployed (weapon slot 3) side of the SAW useful, you could tie this recoil to their deviation if possible or increase the scope-in time of the undeployed version.

Edit2: FYI for those that do not realise, this is more of a Gamplay over Realism suggestion. It obviously isn't realistic
I disagree.
The SAW/Minimi just doesn't have a "massive recoil" IRL. Especially one that would have you "looking at the sky."
And as far as the gameplay over realism comment...isnt this a reality mod?

I believe the in-game elements of the AR have been tweaked as good as they should be already. Just my .02

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Old 06-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
m1oh7

the saw at the moment is just about right, the only thing that needs attention (and its not the saw its pretty much all scoped mg's) is the laser beam effect if you just hold trigger down while deployed and scoped.

i mean shit orginally it was supposed to be a replacement for the m16 cos its not a big caliber round it can accept magazines and its shorter, which = cqb masterpiece.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
Ford_Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMoonPie View Post
I disagree.
The SAW/Minimi just doesn't have a "massive recoil" IRL. Especially one that would have you "looking at the sky."
And as far as the gameplay over realism comment...isnt this a reality mod?
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1oh7 View Post
the saw at the moment is just about right, the only thing that needs attention (and its not the saw its pretty much all scoped mg's) is the laser beam effect if you just hold trigger down while deployed and scoped.
That is my point, all it is, is "Hold down Mouse1 to win". There is nothing else to it.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #27
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Jam View Post
Sigh...

That is my point, all it is, is "Hold down Mouse1 to win". There is nothing else to it.
Its deployed for gods sake. It should be that way. It also isnt that laser accurate but ok. If you move while deployed you will greatly lose accuracy. Its there for you to be static and, oh well, deployed.

While undeployed you wont lose so much accuracy when moving but you have more recoil. And that recoil is right about where it should be.

Both M4/16 use the same round and count in that M249 is heavier but has a tad higher ROF, that evens it out. The recoil should be around the same.

Or look at the PLA, seriously, how can the QBB have way more recoil than QBZ if it is 95% the same weapon.

You guys seriously need to stop saying things that dont make sense (or quit whining), because its just getting ridiculous.

P.S. I've just read your statement that this is a gameplay suggestion. Its the same as saying to give the MEC same recoil on the G3 as it is on the M4 because then M4 has an advantage despite G3 stronger. If every suggestion would be like yours then it would be like TF2 with only one class.

And i really dont see any problems in CQB against lmgs. Ok, if you run into him around the corner, its bad luck but if he is 15 meters away, get yourself some cover and toss him a grenade or even better, try to fall back and flank him or something, thats why you have another 5 guys with you. Going 1v1 agains an AR just wont work. Its kindof like trying to kill a tank with a pistol (what Tom Hanks actually managed in Saving private ryan) wich in most cases wont work.

What is the next suggestion going to be? Please give the tanks more deviation because they keep killing me over great distances?
Last edited by Arnoldio; 06-07-2010 at 09:08 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #28
Teek
Supporting Member

The problem here is the saw is full auto and rapes in CQB, hey, wait, just like all the other full auto CQB Rape Guns currently in game like the C8, the Tavor, M16A1, CAR15..... Hm, coincedence, I think not!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #29
Ford_Jam

I know my OP seems a bit like a rant and a cry but I thought it was pretty legitimate, however some people seem to be taking me out of context and exaggerating what I am trying to get across.

This isn't going anywhere productive very quickly and if I continue replying it won't end well for me I think... Can I ask a mod to lock this?

If anyone wants to continue discussion, PM me.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #30
[R-DEV]Chuc
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc

Done. Thanks for the discussion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personal Folio -
Closed Thread

Tags
change, kits, recoil, undeployed