project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #41
ebevan91
Default Re: New Gamemode: No Respawns?

If there are no respawns it will just promote camping.
ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #42
Serbiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
May not be diplomatic but what I actually said is clearly very true as you've just proved.

What I actually said was; a lot of people like the concept, and those who don't based on the responses so far...

Option B.) Applies to you, sir!
Ah well in that case i´m sorry that you are not able to see when someone is using humor and when somebody is not doing so.
Next time only let people post on your threads that agree with your opinion... ah yeah and before I forget don´t be open for criticism (always helps)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Remember, your penis size is proportional to your post count...or was it inversely proportional...I can't remember"
- [R-CON]Rudd -
Last edited by Serbiak; 05-05-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #43
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

how about you all put your vagina's back in your purses and get back to having a civil discussion. Every one gets an opinion.....an opinion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #44
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

I have a tendency to die.. alot.

Once I died I would not want to just sit there for 30 minutes or an hour until the round ended. I'd log off. There'd wind up with like 4 people still on the server when the game ended. Sounds like a good idea, but I don't think it would work outside a very small scale clan scrimmage situation, and in that sitatuion the server can set the ticket values/details with the clan.
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #45
the_ganman

ive done this with my clan in BF2V (spits) we did siege of daquing us main, had to blow UAV

id like to try it and have like single objective mission, like take control of that compoud type thing
the_ganman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #46
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

Listen up - New idea

New idea people.

Two ideas actually.

Idea #1:

There is an objective on the map that each team is trying to cap; whoever caps wins - Obviously this will be a tug of war based on the cap area and trying to kill off more enemies than you have friendlies to make the flag cap in your direction. This will also stop people fannying around on the outskirts and camping, because the enemy is going to win if they do that. Flag cap can also be very slow. Again, no respawns except medic revives.

Idea #2:

There is an objective on the map that each team is trying to cap; whoever caps stops the enemy from re-spawning, and it's either a case of take the flag back or die trying.

(Signature by
)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #47
0331SgtSpyUSMC
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to 0331SgtSpyUSMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
Listen up - New idea

New idea people.

Two ideas actually.

Idea #1:

There is an objective on the map that each team is trying to cap; whoever caps wins - Obviously this will be a tug of war based on the cap area and trying to kill off more enemies than you have friendlies to make the flag cap in your direction. This will also stop people fannying around on the outskirts and camping, because the enemy is going to win if they do that. Flag cap can also be very slow. Again, no respawns except medic revives.

Idea #2:

There is an objective on the map that each team is trying to cap; whoever caps stops the enemy from re-spawning, and it's either a case of take the flag back or die trying.
I think what makes the PR so much fun, IS being able to flank and maneuver. Fighting over one flag with no re-spawns reminds me of Halo( I think it had a King of The Hill game mode in hardcore ) What is all the point of having the ability to utilize different tactics and vehicles if you going to end up in one pile of grenades missiles and bullets?
Who is going to sit until the end of the round on the server knowing they cannot re-spawn?
It just doesn't appeal to me that much, and we already have a Skirmish mode, which plays rather great.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away

|
|
0331SgtSpyUSMC is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gamemode, respawns