project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #31
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgent deployable: a big rock

ok just to clarify when i say big rock, i dont mean a giant boulder. i just mean maybe a 2-3 by 2-3 foot rock. something 2 men could easily roll onto the road from the side of the road.

yes i do agree a pile of trash would be more realistic in the city maps but again someone would then have to model that. the rock we could use pre existing statics. and hell even if it needs to be modeled its probably 1/10th of the work by comparison to a pile of ruble

also i think someone mentioned that it is possible to change it from map to map

Anything can be a weapon, anyone can be a threat. Never under estimate the combat ability of your opposition. He may seem weak and harmless now but even a dead man can carry a few pounds of explosives in his gut or deliver a decisive blow by rotting away in your water supply.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #32
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

what about just digging trenches like the did in WWII easy to model I think big fox hole although would be kind of hard in the cities
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #33
Imchicken1

I think changing the terrain DURING a match is hardcoded. I'm not sure though

I like the idea of a disabled civi car, but the problem is, to make it disabled (safely, cuz if you got blufor to destroy it then chances are it wont be used as a roadblock) you would need to destroy it yourself, causing you to cause team vehicle damage.

Just saying
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #34
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
what about just digging trenches like the did in WWII easy to model I think big fox hole although would be kind of hard in the cities
i believe the reason the foxholes are raised currently is because we cant do this. hell the trench idea's been going around for a while, reason we dont have it is the same as the raised fox holes. as chicken said, the terrain cant be changed in game.

in anycase the specific object to be used is not really my suggestion. just the road block itself. the point of the rock really is to keep it simple and in maps like "something valley" dont remember the name, rocks should be common enough in the mountains

Anything can be a weapon, anyone can be a threat. Never under estimate the combat ability of your opposition. He may seem weak and harmless now but even a dead man can carry a few pounds of explosives in his gut or deliver a decisive blow by rotting away in your water supply.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #35
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
ok just to clarify when i say big rock, i dont mean a giant boulder. i just mean maybe a 2-3 by 2-3 foot rock. something 2 men could easily roll onto the road from the side of the road.
So if 2-3 men can push it onto the road. How does this stop Jeeps, APC's, Tank and Trucks which im sure we all know, have more pulling/pushing power than people. Seriously if 2-3 Insurgents can push it whats saying 2-3 BLUFOR soilders that have to do 14 weeks training requiring intense excersise drills from pushing it?

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #36
Qaiex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #37
DrugKoala

Well, if anyone played Opposing Fronts, you should know PE could build roadblocks which were basically all types of tank traps and junk put together, creating an impassable barrier... If you ask me, it sounds quite plausible to me. Those cities look like junkyard pretty much, as there is enough destroyed cars, junk and stuff to make such a roadblock...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DrugKoala is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #38
ytman

The whole INS with deployable road blocks idea needs to have maps designed with this in mind for us to get a proper assessment of their power and role.

Speaking of Iron Ridge INS this is the perfect testing grounds of the Road Block idea and it has already been done to an extent. Unlike Fallujah West the roads in Iron Ridge's West City are designed perfectly to facilitate the use of Wire Traps. This leads to a minimum of two FOs to block off the City completely to vehicular traffic. The effects of this is an incredible multiplier to the ability to defend caches in the urban setting.

However, as the West City is quite small when compared to Ramiel or Gaza the full potential of Wire Traps as an assist to ambush tactics is unknown.

Therefor, I suggest allowing the Hamas to build active FO's and give them the Wire Trap option much like the Militia have on Iron Ridge INS. For the Hamas it is not so far fetched as to be able to build Wires and Tank Traps.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #39
Spinkyone

Yes, but opt for something in PR's timescale and not Sisyphus's. Something like a couple of tyres set on fire would be nice temporary barrier, provides some cover and looks good in an urban environment.
Spinkyone is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
big, deployable, insurgent, rock