project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 AM   #11
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Disassemble/destroy enemy kits.

If you've just killed a guy with that kit they know it anyway. If it's the engineer it just drop the mines somewhere bad and blow the c4.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

I liked my idea of returning kits to the "kit pool" maybe have them be available in half the normal time or something as a reward for doing so.
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #13
Lutefisk

Send a message via MSN to Lutefisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
If you've just killed a guy with that kit they know it anyway. If it's the engineer it just drop the mines somewhere bad and blow the c4.
The insurgents will just take it back to their main and reload it with the insurgent overflow of C4, mines and HAT rounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lutefisk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
Zoddom

imo the kits stay too long after dropping in 0.917.
this allows unsing nearly infinitive fielddressings and makes it nearly impossible to request your previous kit again (for example in a sniper squad)
there has to be a change to that.

ps: if i there wouldve been anybody who criticised or even kicked me cause i used a HAT kit in insurgency, id directly flamed him as a fckin noob and retard, cause thinking you could bar me from using a HAT kit is absolutely wrong. Prohibiting HATs generally on INS is imo a foolish action out of frustration because you maybe got killed by one in the past.
Forgetting about the advantages of a HAT is just lack of experience.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #15
Redamare
Supporting Member

yea .... i dont think its worh the trouble of first Coding and animate the disassembly of the guns... 2nd creating new kits to simulate pickup a disasembled gun or w.e .... i agree with .. HIDINg the kit is the best solution drop your kit pick up the one u waant to get rid of .. hide it under a bush and walk away

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #16
BlackwaterSaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
imo the kits stay too long after dropping in 0.917.
this allows unsing nearly infinitive fielddressings and makes it nearly impossible to request your previous kit again (for example in a sniper squad)
there has to be a change to that.
I agree to a certain point, honestly I'd prefer it if when a sniper kit is lost, it isn't available for request by that person for at least 20 minutes, to cut down on the amount of numpties who go charging off into the distance with the sniper kit and inevitably get slotted for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
ps: if i there wouldve been anybody who criticised or even kicked me cause i used a HAT kit in insurgency, id directly flamed him as a fckin noob and retard, cause thinking you could bar me from using a HAT kit is absolutely wrong. Prohibiting HATs generally on INS is imo a foolish action out of frustration because you maybe got killed by one in the past.
Forgetting about the advantages of a HAT is just lack of experience.
I would kick someone for using HAT on an Insurgency map. I would also say a lack of experience is shown by requesting HAT in the first place, it's unnecessary, and if anyone requested a HAT in a squad I was leading on Insurgency, they'd be kicked, for a number of reasons -

1) It's unnecessary, I've never once been on an Insurgency map and thought "Damn, I wish I had a HAT right now"

2) One less guy with a rifle in my squad, unless I'm a fire support squad on an AAS map, I wont touch the HAT and I'd prefer it if my team had a LAT as opposed to a HAT, as they'll still be of use in close quarters, and after hitting an enemy APC with a LAT, you'll find they scurry off so they don't get hit a second time, keeping them away from my squad.

3) It's not a useful kit unless you're in a static position on AAS and facing tanks.

HAT on Insurgency, lol, just lol

BlackwaterSaxon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
Boris.T.Spider
Supporting Member

I think the amount of time a kit stays on the ground is good at the minute and , the time before re-request of special kits is also good, people who loose kits and cant retrieve them from the feild deserve penalties. But... as I said before, a good solution would be so you could knife kit bags, if you for example, kill and ins squad who has mainly blufor weapons, you should be able to destroy/deactivate those weapons before moving off. Once knifed, the bag should disappear just like a rally, no extra kit mechanics for weapons that don't work, etc. If its a special kit you knife, like an enemy sniper or HAT, it should be removed from the pool for 20 minutes.

As for issues like leaving unarmed people when revved, seems to me that if you kill a squad, take their position and have time to be destroying the kits, those guys should be deemed dead anyway, the hidden medic waiting to come in and revive later, is from a reality perspective, the one using the exploit. If these folk a revved, empty handed, so be it.

Oh, I don't tank on insurgencey mode, but I can certainly understand peoples frustration being killed by stolen HAT kits. I don't envy tankers on INS, they have a lot to watch out for at close range, IED's, mines, civys, without some .... gifting them a weapon that can kill them in one shot from 800m away. I am 100% behind any admin decision to kick people taking HAT weapons on INS. Last person who joined one of my squads and requested a HAT and refused to RTB with it got a 9mm to the back of his skull for insubordination. The entire squad then had to sit and wait while a reliable squad member took the kit back to main and hid it.
Boris.T.Spider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
Jman234

Just try the incedinary grenade idea.
Jman234 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #19
Infantry1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
You can waste the kit's special ammo and then drop it again, that'll give you some more time before it's usable, or hide it. It's often very easy to hide it for people, just a few meters and they give up looking for it
There is always the possibility the guy who finds in will get ammo from the Rifleman in his/her's squad.It may take time to get the special ammo like the C4 and the Claymore,etc,but they can get atleast 1 to 2 mags from the rifleman so they are still combat effective,its better if you can just mess up the kit,(Example:You can put a trap in the LAW and when the U.S/British/IDF etc. find it and fire it,it will backfire and kill that person).

Mah Userbars!
Infantry1242 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disassemble or destroy, enemy, kits