project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Hunt3r
Default HE-I ammo for PRC 14.5mm cannons.

I don't think this has been suggested before, but how about giving the PLA army 14.5mm HE rounds? They ARE in use in the PLA, but not the Russian Army.

Russia / USSR 14.5 mm/93 2M-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Teek
Supporting Member

Default Re: HE-I ammo for PRC 14.5mm cannons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Teek; 04-12-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Truism

Hehe I think Teek is on the money

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

14.5mm ammo is loaded "party-mix" style. That is, it alternates between up to 4-5 different rounds to provide optimal damage and fire corrections. We can't simulate that effect in PR, but we do have a very small splash radius on them. Regarding the HE-I round, that's known as "MDZ" in Russia, the mixture is only dispersed in a 20cm radius apparently. One can safely assume that the initial intention of such a small radius was to damage the inner-workings of aircraft.

Source : PR Military Advisers.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
Hunt3r

Would it make sense to have it loaded in such a party mix for, say, the BTRs?

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #6
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Apparently all KPVT's in BTR's and BRDM's are loaded that way. Using ammunition alteration that switches between a variety of rounds. It would be a safe bet that the PLA also do this with their 14.5mm weapons like on the VN3, though accurate sourcing on that would be hard to come by.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 04-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
Dev1200

Quick, lets all get ninja kits and find a PLA base >:}

Just kidding secret chinese internet police.

But seriously, it would be nice for a larger splash

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #8
samogon100500

agree that idea!
But i thiks spash is not big!

samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
McBumLuv

@ Jaymz, I'm pretty sure party mix is possible so long as it's the only weapon in the slot (No coax operating simultaneously in otherwords, which from what I can remember is realistic as well on some tanks (I think it was the Challenger 2 used as an example?)).

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...y-mix-how.html

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
@ Jaymz, I'm pretty sure party mix is possible so long as it's the only weapon in the slot (No coax operating simultaneously in otherwords, which from what I can remember is realistic as well on some tanks (I think it was the Challenger 2 used as an example?)).
On pretty much any tank, but that transcends into another problem. We would have the made coaxial MG's a separate weapon many releases ago if switch delays weren't so simplistic and remembered when a round was loaded.

Tags
145mm, ammo, cannons, hei, prc