project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #21
snooggums
Default Re: [TOW] Grouped reloads/removed from 'infantry' layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
I agree with all 3 ^^

Maybe give "movement deviation" to the tow, such as moving it quickly like that hat does. Turning while zoomed in with the HAT makes its in-accuracy shoot up, so why not do the same with the TOW?
Not really accurate to have the emplacement have deviation because the TOW is hard mounted like a tank turret, while the HAT rests on your shoulder and requires the shooter get stable and steady before firing.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My

My

AnimalMother's
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #22
Dev1200

Still.. You can't say it's not overpowered. Perhaps reduce the insane zoom, or take the sandbags out so infantry can effectively engage it.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #23
Doedel

Just what we need, more heavy nerfs against anti-armour assets so that we can all enjoy the love of completely untouchable armoured vehicles running circles around our infantry with absolutely nothing they can do to stop it.

Just reduce the zoom. There's no need for it to be super-zoom anyway. But the TOW like all other ATGMs and anti-armour missiles are often used in the fire support role anyway against fixed targets rather than armoured vehicles is very commonplace so I don't know why you're so mad.
Doedel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #24
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doedel View Post
Just what we need, more heavy nerfs against anti-armour assets so that we can all enjoy the love of completely untouchable armoured vehicles running circles around our infantry with absolutely nothing they can do to stop it.

Just reduce the zoom. There's no need for it to be super-zoom anyway. But the TOW like all other ATGMs and anti-armour missiles are often used in the fire support role anyway against fixed targets rather than armoured vehicles is very commonplace so I don't know why you're so mad.
I want it to be effective, I just don't want it to be a free, fast loading AT spam machine which it is right now. I like the super zoom, don't even mind the quick reload, I just don't like 9 rockets in it which can be reloaded in 10 seconds with two incendiaries and three shovels (can be manned while building).

My

My

My

My

AnimalMother's
Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #25
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

i don't see the problem tbh. if you have one or two inf suppressing the TOW armor can move in and fuck it up, can't it?

also, taking 4 ppl out of the fighting if shit is heavy is not happening often. i prefer a HAT in my squad over a TOW almost always since a skilled team takes out visible TOWs in no time. or maybe i don't get ur point.
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #26
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r View Post
i don't see the problem tbh. if you have one or two inf suppressing the TOW armor can move in and fuck it up, can't it?

also, taking 4 ppl out of the fighting if shit is heavy is not happening often. i prefer a HAT in my squad over a TOW almost always since a skilled team takes out visible TOWs in no time. or maybe i don't get ur point.
I'm talking mostly about maps without armor where TOW emplacements are engaging at the view distance, well past effective infantry counterfire, so I don't think you get the point. TOW emplacements, even with limitations, would still be very effective against armor since there is only so many pieces of armor that need to be taken out before reloading.

My

My

My

My

AnimalMother's
Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #27
RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN

That is true. On Archer if you build a TOW on the mountain South of the village and have some infantry support, you can spam the village into submission.

RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grouped, infantry, layers, reloads or removed, tow