project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
jerkzilla

Default Re: [TOW] Grouped reloads/removed from 'infantry' layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex
Imagine a HAT kit, that was faster to reload, had more than 1 ammo, had several layers of magnification, adding up to a huge zoom, was always guided, and didn't get deviation when it spun around really fast.
But it's also completely immobile, practically gives away the position of it's FOB, its gunner is very exposed and it raises an easily visible cloud of dust when build which, unlike the FOB's, has to be exposed for it to have a good field of fire.

@ prowler

Please forgive me if my doubt is misplaced, but a TOW is not something you can easily miss. By the sound of it, you were sitting in a very exposed position and weren't very aware of your surroundings. Sorry, but unless there's more to this, I think what the TOW guy did was fair game.

I think the first solution of reducing the ammo to 3 missiles and maybe raising the build and reload time, would work better than the other more complicated and, in my opinion, less intuitive options.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
Teek
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Prowler- View Post
Last night on Muttrah city me and another sniper were owning from the garage roof firing on the fortress, when all of a sudden a TOW missle blows him apart. I get up and start running to the stairs knowing in a second I'm going to have a TOW up my ass, and sure enough before I reach the stairs, "DEAD."

I mean, we didn't even see this TOW...but it hit us with a sickening ammount of accuracy and was able to destroy both of us within a few seconds.

I really like the third option, it seems that would make the operator think about wether he should fire or not.
Judging by the reload speed, and the size of the explosion that didn't kill you sitting next to the first guy who got shot (which a tow should have enough explosives to do) This sounds more like a grenade launcher. I would hope so because you picked a really bad sniper hide if it took longer to get cover than reload a Tow

edit: what is the actual reload time? It felt like 15 at least when I used it last

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potilas View Post
^dude. TOW isnt comparable with HAT kit. Other is static defence so i find ur post "unacceptable"
Doesn't matter that it's static when said static defence can basically lock down an entire quarter of a 4k map all by itself.

No one asset should be that effective.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Qaiex is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Pariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teek View Post
edit: what is the actual reload time? It felt like 15 at least when I used it last
I believe it's on the order of 5 seconds.
Pariel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #15
Beowulf2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj Pain View Post
I support the third option ( rebuild FOB to get new TOW).
Of all that I've read so far, I agree with Mj Pain that the third optionseems to be the best. The ammo crates I'd like to see included in some manner, but I'll take this over anything else right now.

Squad Leader: "Guys, just shut up and start shooting!"
Beowulf2525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

please note that Rhino has posted that a resupply system was desired however they aren't able to get it to work atm.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #17
joethepro36

IMO the best way to deal with most of these problems is to make the TOW take as long as the TOW humvee to reload. It's horribly unrealistic for a TOW to reload in 5 seconds, you don't magic the missile into the tube and prep it to fire that quickly.
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
snooggums

A TOW emplacement reload takes 15 seconds and is based on real life reload times (probably for a multi person team but I'm not positive) as stated in a previous thread. It is most definitely not five seconds in game.

I agree that the FOB rebuild to rebuild TOW is probably the simplest to grasp and hopefully implement, and helps reduce spam while still allowing for rebuilding a misplaced TOW when not under fire when you still have your two crates.

My

My

My

My

AnimalMother's
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #19
Dev1200

I agree with all 3 ^^

Maybe give "movement deviation" to the tow, such as moving it quickly like that hat does. Turning while zoomed in with the HAT makes its in-accuracy shoot up, so why not do the same with the TOW?

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #20
kumade

I agree that current situation with deployable at is not so good, as it can be.
That's why i have suggested this
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...-resupply.html

But rebuilding FB to rebuild TOW, it's too much. And not related to reality at all .
kumade is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grouped, infantry, layers, reloads or removed, tow