project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
Bazul14
Banned
Default Siege at Okamchira (or whaever the name)

Anyone who played Siege at O.... has learned that the Chechens can almost never win. Unless the British side is only composed of a drunk dog or a monkey, the Chechens will not win. I think that a way to improve that is by giving the chechens more tickets, more boats, some techies/bdrms or even better, a T62. A tank won't make too much difference as the TOW/SRAW on the UK team will kill it quickly. Still, something has to be done about this map to make it playable for both sides, or it will quickly dissapear from server's playlist.
Bazul14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #2
Dev1200

Default Re: Siege at Okamchira (or whaever the name)

Assets does not always equal fix-map.

It's a great map. Just learn how to play it =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

it is meant to be a difficult map...honestly...thats how it was planned...think of the challenge as more... "how not to lose" rather than "how to be the winner"

a smart chechen team can win the map can they not? reward intelligence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #4
anglomanii

yep gotta say a coordinated militia team can win it with a little effort

<22:31:15> "Supahpingi": i was actually mastrubating ferosiosly to mike meyers pictures
anglomanii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 AM   #5
Stoic Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]IronTaxi View Post
it is meant to be a difficult map...honestly...thats how it was planned...
+1, I'm pretty sure irl, a besieged team wouldn't just automatically lose their foothold of their defenses for no reason and let the enemies become the victor, they've already fallen back so much, this map's made to be sort of like a last stand for the British, I think.

Stoic Sentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
Assets does not always equal fix-map.

It's a great map. Just learn how to play it =)
Its a disgustingly bad map.

See this thread for those reasons.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
ChiefRyza

I like it, had a great round when the entire Chechen side attacked from the East. Difficult, but ends up being quite fun if played right. However, it could use up a bit more of that space, that is a lot of area unused on that map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Its a disgustingly bad map.

See this thread for those reasons.
C'mon man, you have to word things a little differently, I certainly wouldn't like people talking that way about my map.

Current project:
ChiefRyza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:48 AM   #8
kumade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
However, it could use up a bit more of that space, that is a lot of area unused on that map.
Indeed. I think this is the main problem why people think it's a bad map. Reduce CPs count in factory and spread them over the map (there are really beautiful places, which can never be seen by defending side, because they always sitting at factory ), and, i think, it will be more interesting to play.
kumade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #9
Stoic Sentinel

Yep, just like they suggested in the other thread, have some control point outside of the docks/factory, whatever, in the forest and only when those flags fall and the Brits are pushed back, should they make the docks cappable.

Stoic Sentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #10
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
C'mon man, you have to word things a little differently, I certainly wouldn't like people talking that way about my map.
I'm not trying to make friends with CodeRedFox, if you read the thread you'll see what I mean. It is my most hated map and seems like a total waste of time. He can take my thoughts with a grain of salt if he so wishes. One can deny that its a bad map, however one cannot deny the legions of people who seem to be against it.

The mindset with alot of people here seems to be spam the thread with 'awesome job man, I love the Dev's!' without any true construction at all. I haven't posted anything constructive here because there already is a thread about this where I, and many others, have.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
okamchira, siege, whaever