project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525
Default Make HEI-T hurt people INSIDE armored vehicle.

Is it possible to make HEI-T hurt people inside armored vehicle ? Cause basicly that how it work, it will punch on the armor making shrapnel inside of the vehicle. It might not breach the armor, but its a fact that the blast will make shrapnel inside of it.

I dont have any "website" source. Only this :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
goguapsy

Default Re: Make HEI-T hurt people INSIDE armored vehicle.

You DO need a source for this kind of suggestion...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
xatu miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
You DO need a source for this kind of suggestion...
If you get the picture you might actually know it might not need a source.

Off topic:How are the Canadian 2a4 feeling?Our one's still polluting the air.

"Intermolecular interactions in the flake's matrix could be weakened by the plasticizer [water], leading to the solubilization of some components, and to a decrease in mechanical integrity."
READ: Water makes cereal soggy.
xatu miller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

IIRC, damage to the crew and passengers have been up for discussion before.

In my opinion, PR would not benefit from having lots of empty armour vehicles sitting all around the map instead of respawning.

Zrix is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

I dont think that can be done with BF2 because of hard coding maybe something like Jdam?
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
I dont think that can be done with BF2 because of hard coding maybe something like Jdam?
wait what does Jdam do that relates to this

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
OriginalWarrior

well, if im not mistaken, the claymores kill people inside the humvees. So i guess its possible?
OriginalWarrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
McBumLuv

There used to be a bug where laying a mine and butting C4 on it would cause the occupants of an armoured vehicle to all die if the C4 went boom.

On top of that, I seem to remember that firing some shells right next to the armour would occasionally hurt the inside occupants.

It's obviously possible, and I'd much prefer to see that vehicle warfare be about either killing the inside occupants or getting a mobility kill forcing any occupants inside already to get evac or w/e. the argument that "I'd rather they eventually respawn then remain abandonned" is useless as it's possible to set a "time-to-live" type command where after entering and leaving they will have a set amount of time prior to dying.

Or, hopefully, if the devs ever do decide to create a recovery vehicle, we could get that to play a role using either implosion or python based hooks to then pull the vehicles back to base

A little variation would also be nice, as I'm sure the APSD rounds would still go "right" through certain armour, so it should be able to kill any occupants hit as it goes through? I'm thinking especially with vehicles such as the Humvee / Civilian cars where this really should be happening but it doesn't >.>

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
Wakain

that's also the idea of the british hesh-round if I'm not mistaken
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

well it is very much possible to hurt the occupants, remember the old molotov bug ?, that was fixed by moving the crew 50 m underground instead of in the hull. so a molotov effect within the HEAT round that would be very shortlived would be able to hurt the crew without killing them.

that being said, i do not think this would be beneficial to armor warfare of the mod, also some tanks might have better room and would not cause damage etc. would be hard to manage a proper balance.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armored, heit, hurt, inside, make, people, vehicle