project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Startrekern

Default Return Incendiaries to SLs

I believe Incendiary Grenades should be returned to squad leaders simply for gameplay reasons. Let's look at (my) standard squad layout(s):

1. SL -
2. Rifspec +
3. Rifleman +
4. Rifleman +
5. Medic -
6. SAW -

So here we have three people with Incendiaries and 3 without incendiaries, assuming a full six-man squad. Let's assume a four-man squad:

1. SL -
2. Rifspec +
3. Rifleman +
4. Medic -

That's only two with incendiaries. My reasoning behind returning the Incendiary to the SL is mainly based on my own irritation with not being able to blow up a cache I run across at all. Honestly, recently, I've tended to not even use the officer kit on insurgency maps like Gaza because of this as long as there are FOBs in the region. The lack of an incendiary for SLs on ins maps discourages the use of the SL kit - I've seen other people do the same, taking rifspec for example instead of officer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Startrekern is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: Return Incendiaries to SLs

I think SL should have incindiary also -_- .... i agree with what your saying

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
AgentMongoose

Honestly I don't mind sl's not having them. It would be nice if they had them but I don't really care.
Especially with the doubling of the incendiary that they carry.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
Kill001

Send a message via AIM to Kill001 Send a message via MSN to Kill001 Send a message via Yahoo to Kill001
Exclamation Re: Return Incendiaries to SLs

There's no real reason against it, so I'm for it

plus, one time I was lasing targets behind enemy lines (on the request of the pilot) and I came upon a fob.... oh you can imagine my disappointment then

Kill001 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
dtacs
Supporting Member

How is it irritating not being able to take out a cache with an incendiary? Did you know it only takes 30 assault rifle rounds (a whole magazine...) to destroy one?

Shoot cache, blows up and kills you, medic comes in and revives, all good.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
Ford_Jam

^^ took 2 mags with the canadian assault rifle on Archer last night. :\

Keep the incendiaries out of the SL kit imo. Otherwise it becomes a kit that can do almost everything.
A full squad should have plenty of incendiary grenades and if you can't find any, rearm or steal enemy kits
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Jam View Post
^^ took 2 mags with the canadian assault rifle on Archer last night. :\

Keep the incendiaries out of the SL kit imo. Otherwise it becomes a kit that can do almost everything.
A full squad should have plenty of incendiary grenades and if you can't find any, rearm or steal enemy kits
U MAD?

You know I love my AKs, took me one mag on Korengal. I could be full of shit though
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
Ford_Jam

I'm all srs bsns dtacs.

AK does more damage? could've been damaged?

On Archer, I put one full mag on it and it exploded once but was still there... is that saying I've killed it?
I put a second one into it for good measure cause the cache was still there...
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I feel the squad leader could get something more useful....... This open slot allows them to give the SL another "weapon" or tool they can use whatever that might be

This also gives a reason for people using the SL kit to actually get their squad mates to DO something. It's like "Hey, Jim. Go throw an incendiary on that cache."

I say no because I feel like it's fine how it is, and actually improves squad play. Not everyone needs stuff to destroy stuff. I don't believe everyone should have the tools to destroy stuff.

(my sarcastic version of what life would be like if squad leaders in real life had this)
Medic: "Hey guys there's this razorwire in the way. Should we call a trained rifleman or engineer? We have to wait on Valquez to get up here and throw an incendiary"
Squad Leader: "Noooo Lets just do it ourselves. I have pretty much every usable item in the game. You guys don't need to do nothing. Lets go!"

=/

Basically, the squad leader would become a super kit. I personally wish they never gave everyone those stupid things to begin with. You guys have become all "OMG I HATE THIS RAWR".

Pick up a nearby kit. If you played right, your squad should either be near you, or dead near you. Pick up their kit and use THEIR incendiary. If not, then maybe you should wait for your squad or tell your commander to get another squad to come fix it... oh right... maybe instead of working on stupid stuff like squad leaders getting grenades that blow up tanks, they should work on getting people to actually play as Commander?

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #10
Trooper909

Back in the old days only engineer could blow up a cache although thay thay were one per SQ I think.SL does not need thermite as SL's shouldnt be rambo'ing caches anyway.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
incendiaries, return, sls