project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #31
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgency IEDas heh...get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper909 View Post
Google is your friend just type hummer hit with nail/pipe bomb and vola.
Prove that it is from a small IED explosion. The current IEDs were changed according to MA suggestions, not on a whim.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
boilerrat

With the planning of blowing up an armored vehicle, why would an insurgent bother with a pipebomb that small?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #33
ZephyrDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
With the planning of blowing up an armored vehicle, why would an insurgent bother with a pipebomb that small?
Probably because the pipebomb IEDs are not an anti-vehicle weapon. IED does not make AT weapon. I see why the devs changed them, I mean, a fully armoured HMMWV isn't going to be blown to shreds from an explosive charge that probably packs a little bit more punch than a hand grenade.

I've played round with the pipebombs and found that, since they stick to statics, you can put them in some inventive places, such as a tire well on a car thats sitting in a chokepoint.

Though I do agree that artillery IEDs need to be more common. Possibly with the Taliban and Hamas, give the AP kit the pipebombs as well as the claymore and give the Combat Engi kit an artillery IED instead of the pipebombs.

|TG-31st|Blackpython

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZephyrDark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #34
boilerrat

So the pipebomb was made into a remote grenade?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #35
Celestial1

If it was, would you be upset?
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #36
boilerrat

yes I would be... I love using IEDs.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #37
Celestial1

So use more or use bigger ones.

You can still damage and kill vehicles it just takes more than just what you carry on you.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #38
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSparrow View Post
But the interior is intact...
Means everyone would still be alive or partially injured. And I said Partially damaged as well as a wheel taken off. An IED would, from your pictures, partially damage it. Not blow it up totally and mutilate everything inside.

And I would have to agree with Celestial1 and ZephyrDark.

You should think Gameplay wise as well as realism, not just "I want". Gameplay wise it was too powerful, so they toned it down. Similar like how they added deviation to weapons so firefights would be, realisticly, longer.

Realism wise, 1 IED won't blow up the humvee into tiny pieces and kill everyone inside. However it does damage it a lot, It's not like it's brushed off. Get more then 1 from a cache or use supply technicals for mobile ammo. Blaming it on other players isn't the best way to make your post gameplay feasable. If your having problems with players, you should find a seperate server.

Also, Basically your suggestion is "I like using IED's but they aren't powerful enough." It basically is a remote grenade. Mines are used for AT.

Last edited by Dev1200; 03-23-2010 at 07:06 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #39
boilerrat

Which is why im suggesting that we get more as insurgents

and taliban / hamas can request engi kit with artyIED

Old 03-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #40
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
Means everyone would still be alive or partially injured. And I said Partially damaged as well as a wheel taken off. An IED would, from your pictures, partially damage it. Not blow it up totally and mutilate everything inside.
They most likely survived, its always a possibility that it had enough energy to kill them.

Everybody dies alone.
Ingame name [OD-S]Rabbit
[R-DEV]Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
give, hehget, ideas, ied, iedas, insurgency, insurgent, pipebombs, sapper