project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #31
ryan d ale

Default Re: Ammo Box as a Kit?

I think this would be useful feature.

Sounds good.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 AM   #32
maarit
Supporting Member

this sound nice suggestion but i would like some limiting there.
i mean that you cant alone carry those ammoboxes.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #33
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit View Post
this sound nice suggestion but i would like some limiting there.
i mean that you cant alone carry those ammoboxes.
I think implementing that would be impossible.

One person kit
No sprint
Team-specific (like when collaborator used to die when picking up 'armed' kits..or at least specific when against insurgency style factions wooden crate style vs steel crate type).

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #34
Amir
Banned

This is where I've been waiting for !

No serious; a good idea. They're useless when lying in the middle of the road, making you an easy target.
Amir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #35
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanator8811 View Post
How about this... The unarmed kit gets another item added: the small ammo crate. This item starts empty and must be filled. It can be filled with one small ammo crate, like from apcs and such, but it uses up the entire crate to fill it. Ammo limit for it is one at a time. Then it may be dropped, just like ammo bags, anywhere. A large crate can fill up maybe, 4 small ammo crates.

This is the best way I can think of to implement this. And should be possible. Only thing which might be a problem is a weapon starting with no ammo.

edit: I just realized my brilliant idea is exactly the same as staker's. Should have read the whole thread more carefully. And it's different from a normal rifleman in that a ammo crate gives a lot more ammo than an ammo bag.

edit 2: And can it be made so the crate doesn't expire?
You are my winner, done this way it only needs minimal work and gives maximum profit, with no vehicle and/or kit stuff needed. (these ideas are good too). I cant imagine how is that crate heavy IRL, but even if its too heavy for one man to carry, i think we can, for gameplays sake, forget about it .

Another thing is supply crate, maybe it could be done as a vehicle with x seats, and i have 2 ideas of how it could work:
1. make it some way that all seats must be occupated to let driver drive the crate, or
2. give each seat some power, lets say for 4 seats each seat 1/4 of the power, give the crate some rubbing so it cant be moved by 1 man. This would give profit because cooperation would be needed to move the crate, but im not sure it can be moved, actually i doubt it.
The bad thing is that as a vehicle it the animations wont be so nice, and im not sure if a land vehicle can move ie with W button forward, with S backward, and with A leftward and with D rightward, so no turning will be needed, to move to the right/left. However, sometimes turning is needed to fit the crate into doors etc, but i dont know how to make that possible.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #36
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
drive the crate
Yeah... sounds good.

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

Very good idea, i like it and it makes sense =P

Newly ordered sig !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #38
Amir
Banned

But one (possible) problem I didn't think about; these ammo boxes will be ingame as KITS. And kits don't have the feature of giving ammo. Or can this be fixed/made ?
Amir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #39
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
EASY, make fastropes...

We were talking about that the KIT is the AMMO BOX, not that it has it in the inventory-
i think patrick's idea is somewhat better, if it was the kit itself giving off ammo then it would disappear like all other kits after 5 minutes. meaning after 5 mintus it's useless, however if it were made as a part of a kit's inventory instead then the player can drop it some place and it can be given a separate time limit. requiring someone to pick up the kit and drop the ammo box itself can also simulate the need to unpack the materials before it can be used. it would also make the most sense where if you took it into a building where the doors arn't large enough for the crate to fit through that perhaps you took it apart and moved in in bit by bit.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #40
Slightchance

I'm a bit confused, isn't the suggestion to have APCs or some jeeps drop a kit instead, where the only thing it is has in it is the ammo crate as an inventory item. Then you pick up the kit walk somewhere drop the item and go back to get your old kit back.

As far as weight goes, I'm not sure how heavy the boxes are, but considering that you dropped all of your gear to carry this, I think it still works. With kits disappearing after 5 minutes I think that this is more possible as well, hence why I bumped it.

I think it would make light ammo boxes much more useful as of right now they aren't used too often, as players would much rather get the big ammo boxes as they let you build, have more ammo, and get new kits. If this suggestion was implemented you could get these smaller ammo boxes that don't build or give kits, but you could hide them inside buildings easily, or in different spots.

One thing that would have to be done is finding a way to make sure that you can't reload the box from the box you drop, but I think that it should be possible to do.
Slightchance is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ammo, box, kit