project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
XxxGrANdmA

Default Re: Limited kits disappear as soon as they hit the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|Bubba|l View Post
I Disagree.
The whole revive system in pr is based on gameplay and not on realism.

It would be huge drawback if this was removed.
pr stills aims for realism and I think this will only better gameplay as it makes the medic way more valuable since now only one guy in ur squad is able to revive someone. Not everyone should be given the option to magicly revive someone cause they took a medic kit. Really though, ud learn how to use a weapon faster than actual cpr and treating bad wounds. You problby could figure out how to use the weapon in an hr but medical skills take time. Doctors had to go to scool to learn how to be doctors. Criminals didn't need to go to school to learn how to handle a gun
Last edited by XxxGrANdmA; 03-08-2010 at 11:29 PM..
Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
XxxGrANdmA

llllllll
Last edited by XxxGrANdmA; 03-08-2010 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:27 AM   #13
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

PR 0.9 changed the kits so that they stay on the ground for 5 minutes (instead of 30s) when a player goes critical. Your suggestion would make us revert this for limited kits and even completely remove them the instant a player goes critical.

I wouldn't think it to be likely for such a change to occur after we did exactly the opposite in our last update.

Of course you wouldn't instantly know how to use every piece of equipment by picking up a kit, but there is no reasonable way to simulate this in BF2. Not even ArmA has such a system integrated. It is also reasonable to think that most soldiers on a squad would know how to operate most of the standard equipment.

Removing kits when players go critical would break most of the good gameplay in PR and even promote some related exploits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #14
alberto_di_gio

I personally disagree too.

*First of all unrealistic.
*What will happen when I want to swap kits with a team member?
*What will happen I wanted to take a temporary kit for a certain issue. (i.e I'm a sniper lets say. I found a destroyed FOB with supplies near and want to dig it. Because sniper kit has no shovel I'll need a temporary kit - which happened exactly last knight in Iron Ridge)
*What happens if you are revived from injury?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #15
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Agree about the medic kit thingy, Once ive killed 5 guys in 1 min with a leet Aimpoint M4, but the 6th squad member killed me and revived the whole squad, and then it happened again after ~10 mins..
As long as u dont wipe the whole squad they will just revive, and with all kits staying for 5 mins ive seen squads with 3 or 4 medic kits, it becomes kinda spammy like the BF2 medic system.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #16
Boris.T.Spider
Supporting Member

This line of reasoning exemplifies the problems that people are having with the new rally-less squad system. If 6 guys go into a fight with 6 other guys, when the smoke clears, it doesn't matter what kit the survivors have, 6 guys are alive or can be revived, 6 guys are dead and on their way back to a FB, or if you like, One squad are in control of a point, the other have failed. As far as I can tell, taken in context with the other modifications to the kit system, this was the whole point of the rally point changes made in 0.9. A very wise squad leader once told me “Your a soldier first and a medic second” Medics need to stop cowering behind their squad leaders and other squad members need to treat the medic as a responsibility for all the squad and not the role of one member. If all your squad go down while you sit at the back counting your eppi-pens, what then? Sneak in later and revive? Hows that going to work when they occupy your former position? Now your squad has to regroup with the medic, hoping that none of them get injured in the process.
Boris.T.Spider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #17
PlaynCool

Just make the medic kit as the collaborator was unpickable before.It's way more gameplay promoting as the medic will be more valuable - make him spawnable 1 per sqwad.At least that's how i think things will be better.

Forgive my bad English...
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
Arnoldio
Banned

If done, only medic, wich is qute good actually, everyone knows basics of first aid, thus having the field dressings, but not all of the soldiers are educated medical staff who knows more advanced stuff...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
alberto_di_gio

you can't change a whole rule/condition just because some people don't know how to use a medic kit.

alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #20
Phantom2

It seems if everyone has it covered here, yes it's true some enemies might not understand the other army's weapons. But this teaches you to use your limited kits wisely. I've had multiple times where people refuse to use their HATs, LATs, and Snipers wisely and they get stolen very easily.
Phantom2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disappear, ground, hit, kits, limited