project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Mutherpucker
Default HUEY downed! NEED REPAIRrrr oh nm!

Well, this sucks when you are hit, successfully bring the bird down, saving everyone including yourself, then call for repair, and then boom, huey blows up...

I never ever saw a huey repair on the ground, never!

How bout not make them blow if they are downed on the ground, without a pilot in it. You still can't fly it, but you can manage to repair which is a great addition in the gameplay! Yes it is possible, but it never happened, mainly because your bird exploded so quickly.

You know, it's already something to evade the second hit (because if you are going down, you go shot once!), landing the bird down, and THEN protect it long enough for the transport troop to get to you... you don't need to see all you effort, that goes exacly where PR is supposed to go, wasted.

Birds should not explode if landed and no one is in there... or at least, not for an extended period of time!

Another thing is, when you are in the air, and you get to a point where you have too much damage to go any further, well you shouldn't go down like a rock! Chopper do not go down like a rock, it just doesn't, it glide. So chopper should glide!

The only way I see to make it possible, is to slower the throttle to a point where you can't go up again, but still can glide, but not cut it dead like now. It could get damaged to a point where it cannot go to what 15%? 20% throttle? I dunno, would need testing..

But that's a fact, chopper DO NOT go down like a rock! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember a chopper pilot explaining how chopper still glide when engine are cut dead. I've know that forever!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo
Default Re: HUEY downed! NEED REPAIRrrr oh nm!

The huey doesnt explode right after hitting ground so you can hop out of it to get a epic- behind the lines mission.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Mutherpucker

Most of the time, you have like, 30 second to do that... you should have at least 5 minutes
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutherpucker View Post
Chopper do not go down like a rock, it just doesn't, it glide. So chopper should glide!
Erm.. please explain the Physics of this too me... you're saying that a massive metal box, will glide? Nice one mate.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Erm.. please explain the Physics of this too me... you're saying that a massive metal box, will glide? Nice one mate.
As herbiie said it shouldn't, yet you still can see attack helicopters sloowly gliding down from the skies once they have been shot by HATs after a noobish attempt to hover the heli.

Still remember the time a cobra killed me in muttrah by falling on top of me

Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
stealth420

He means the Bird will auto rotate down to the ground.

The force of your bird falling auto rotates the Blades and you can set the bird down a little softer than if the engines were cut out completly
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
terenz
Send a message via MSN to terenz

Even if you find a situation where you want to repair a huey, you want to spend the rest of the round doing it? Cus it definetly shouldnt take 20min(respawn time) either.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
Mutherpucker

Herbiie, that's what the pilot I saw on tv was saying "most people think an helicopter would just drop, it doesn't, you still can glide it down to a certain extend"

The guy was a real chopper pilot and he was explaining how he landed his chopper down after his engine went off

Yea that rotating idea would still be better than dropping.

Yea I've landed by somehow gliding it to the ground, but it was still only If I was really low already.

Look, like I said, correct me if I'm wrong, but then again, you would have to be a real chopper pilot, or a someone who knows what the heck he's talking about. Of course if you take a huey out of a C-130, it will drop like a rock, but not when right after his engine was running and he had force going forward.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
Mutherpucker

terenz

DUDE! That's exacly the mindset PR wants to avoid! Oh it doesn't matter, it'll respawn... No! That's a crazy mission for the squad that was on the chopper to secure the zone, protect it and having someone from the team bring a truck to the huey, repair and go out! I'm sorry, but those kinda mission is what PR is all about, no game gives u the opportunity to do that, other games, like BF2 is just bang bang respawn bang bang bang.

It's like giving up when you have a medic nearby, and what about those ticket??? you know how much ticket a huey is worth? Think about it

That's what everybody is trying to avoid! Loosing tickets!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutherpucker View Post
Herbiie, that's what the pilot I saw on tv was saying "most people think an helicopter would just drop, it doesn't, you still can glide it down to a certain extend"

The guy was a real chopper pilot and he was explaining how he landed his chopper down after his engine went off
Maybe it depends on the Heli.

Or how luck you are. Or how skilled a Pilot you are.

A helicopter is a BIG METAL BOX. It will spin to the ground. The laws of Physics beats your pilot on TV.

Closed Thread

Tags
downed, huey, repairrrr