project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #51
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
you missed every point.

1. even if you do move a quick "guy behind" on voip will cause a squad to turn around and shoot you.

2. see point 1.

3. no, not deployed but undeployed ala the current SAW's so the rifles with scopes with have some effectiveness in CQB As you could "shoulder" your rifle like in real life and shoot "down the barrel"
Usually when someone refers to 'deployed' mode in PR, they are referring to the way the MG's can be deployed. How am I supposed to know the difference when he is talking about something completely different yet using the opposite terminology?

Is there even enough buttons to have this on the scroll menu?

And if I 'missed every point' why did you quote me on something completly irrelevant to what you had to say?

Don't waste my time, please.
dtacs is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 12:54 AM   #52
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Bringerof_D's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

stab - i hit KO *in - twist - remove*

slash - 2-3 hits *slash*
Bringerof_D is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #53
Bonsai

Bonsai's Avatar
Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Clearly I wasn't talking about the G3SG1 champ, I'm talking about the regular scoped rifle for the rifleman, which, if the G3SG1 is getting it, doesn't really need. iirc they have the same barrel length, caliber and so forth, the only difference being the SG1 has a bipod and different scope mount. So, technically, if the regular scoped G3 gets a deployed mode, it should be almost exactly as accurate as the SG1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
The listed range for effective fire produced by a Pakistani rifleman with a G3 is 300m.

From memory the G3SG1 also has a better barrel, and they are individually tested to much higher standards than stock G3's, resulting in markedly superior MOA.
Weapon - MOA - accuracy in mm; distance 100m; accuracy in cm; distance 600m

G3ZF - 2,75 MOA - 80mm /100m - 48cm/600m
G3SG1 - 1,46 MOA - 40-45mm/100m - 25,5cm/600m
(PSG1 - 1 MOA - 29 mm/100m - 17,5cm/600m)

G3ZF is the scoped version of the G3. It is tested to higher standards - especially the barell.

G3SG1 comes with a scope and a bipod. It is tested to higher standards - especially the barell. And has a modified trigger.

On topic:

Xfire Video

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Bonsai is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #54
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
Weapon - MOA - accuracy in mm; distance 100m; accuracy in cm; distance 600m

G3ZF - 2,75 MOA - 80mm /100m - 48cm/600m
G3SG1 - 1,46 MOA - 40-45mm/100m - 25,5cm/600m
(PSG1 - 1 MOA - 29 mm/100m - 17,5cm/600m)

G3ZF is the scoped version of the G3. It is tested to higher standards - especially the barell.

G3SG1 comes with a scope and a bipod. It is tested to higher standards - especially the barell. And has a modified trigger.
Thanks for the numbers, but in PR that means absolutely nothing.

Anyway turns out he meant deployed as in the undeployed mode of the LMG's which makes no sense, and he expected me to understand that.
dtacs is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #55
Scot
Supporting Member

Scot's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to Scot
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Welcome to pub PR mate, if you want something done, do it yourself, if you think you have friendlies watching your ass, you don't.
Lastnight I killed a whole squad by using the bayonet after, believe it or not, my PPSh ran out of ammo at the flight control tower on Fools. The huge range of it allows for killing over bunker walls and whatnot, plus the fact of the matter remains that they are not going to be getting back up from some random medic in 2 minutes.
IIRC, there is no bayonet on the PPSH class?

Everyone please calm down in this thread, discussion is encouraged, argument is punished


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #56
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Scot View Post
IIRC, there is no bayonet on the PPSH class?

Everyone please calm down in this thread, discussion is encouraged, argument is punished
Sorry didn't make that clear enough, the bayonet KNIFE (number 1 in the class)

I'm not angry, anger on the intertubes is a waste of time
dtacs is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #57
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Tim270's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
1. even if you do move a quick "guy behind" on voip will cause a squad to turn around and shoot you.

However, if performed correctly, you still have a tactical advantage, no shots are fired thus making it hard for the rest of the squad to pinpoint where you are. If you have half a brain you will run and hide after knifing someone in a group and set an ambush.

So, mele is not going anywhere but becoming more of a mele attack? e.g buttstock smash or something to that effect?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim270 is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #58
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
However, if performed correctly, you still have a tactical advantage, no shots are fired thus making it hard for the rest of the squad to pinpoint where you are. If you have half a brain you will run and hide after knifing someone in a group and set an ambush.
Well said, plus it has a huge psychological advantage as the enemy knows that you got behind them regardless of how on-their-toes they were.

But a buttstock smash is fine as well, anything which kills instantly (a buttstock smash to the back of the neck would do some hard damage right?) so they can't revive is 100% cool.
dtacs is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #59
gazzthompson

gazzthompson's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
However, if performed correctly, you still have a tactical advantage, no shots are fired thus making it hard for the rest of the squad to pinpoint where you are. If you have half a brain you will run and hide after knifing someone in a group and set an ambush.
true but its still not a stealth attack because even tho you have killed someone he can easily say to the rest of the squad what happened, they will be alert and on guard, rudds point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Usually when someone refers to 'deployed' mode in PR, they are referring to the way the MG's can be deployed. How am I supposed to know the difference when he is talking about something completely different yet using the opposite terminology?

Is there even enough buttons to have this on the scroll menu?

And if I 'missed every point' why did you quote me on something completly irrelevant to what you had to say?

Don't waste my time, please.
i understood what he meant, rather than just assume what he meant (wrongly) why did you not just ask?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gazzthompson is offline
Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #60
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
i understood what he meant, rather than just assume what he meant (wrongly) why did you not just ask?
I didn't understand what he meant as this is the first I've heard of this 'deployed rifles' idea.

Ask? Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Edit: DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP just reread his post, realized it said UNDEPLOYED rifles, not deployed, my bad
dtacs is offline
Last edited by dtacs; 01-08-2010 at 10:26 AM..
Closed Thread


Tags
attack, attacks, knife
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.