project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #41
[R-DEV]Chuc
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc
Default Re: (Knife) Attacks

Lets make a list
  • Melee is not being removed
  • Melee is being changed to place more stress on attack timing rather than rapidly clicking
  • Animations reflect this change, of course
  • Differences between hand-to-hand and bayonet fighting have been worked on
  • But fundamentally, the system serves the same purpose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personal Folio -
Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #42
Truism

<3 Chuc.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #43
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ninja2dan View Post

My opinion is that the bayonet really has no need on the modern battlefield of PR. While it could save your life in a real war, the fact is that people rarely ever run out of ammunition in a PR match prior to either respawning or finding a resupply point. If the bayonet stays, no big deal. Players need to stop doing stupid shit they used to do in vanilla, like running around with a knife in their hand thinking they are Rambo.
to be honest I agree

as much fun as knifing is

there is no 100% stealthy kill in PR thanks to voip and teamchat

you can't fire your weapon and have the bayonet on at the same time

so really, maybe it should be removed completely and replaced with something more useful gameplay wise

my vote would be for an undeployed mode for all scoped rifles, but thats just me :P

and if anything it would make supply lines even more important

I keep finding people who say "I've never run out of ammo in PR"

I say "you aint been shooting enough then!" :P

Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #44
LUKE_NUKE_EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
to be honest I agree

as much fun as knifing is

so really, maybe it should be removed completely and replaced with something more useful gameplay wise

my vote would be for an undeployed mode for all scoped rifles, but thats just me :P

and if anything it would make supply lines even more important

I keep finding people who say "I've never run out of ammo in PR"

I say "you aint been shooting enough then!" :P

I agree with everything you just said. The deployed mode for scoped rifles would help you not get killed all the time with an ACOG in CQC.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 AM   #45
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:

You don't stay in the same place after you've knifed, thats just silly.

Only two weapons that use the bayonet ON the weapon are the AK-47 for the Chechens, and the Brits SA80 one. They are used for stealth kills, not bayonet rushes. Bayonet rushes don't work in PR unless the enemy are a group of downers.

so really, maybe it should be removed completely and replaced with something more useful gameplay wise. my vote would be for an undeployed mode for all scoped rifles, but thats just me :P

Deployed scoped rifles? Giving the insurgents one more thing they have to worry about is a bad idea. Making the scoped G3 into more of a sniper than it already is, is also.

I keep finding people who say "I've never run out of ammo in PR" I say "you aint been shooting enough then!" :P

I've ran out of ammo once, to be honest the good PR player shoots only when needed. Stealth, speed and accuracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Lets make a list
Good, if it is large stabbing motion that takes awhile inbetween goes then I'm all for it.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #46
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs
You don't stay in the same place after you've knifed, thats just silly.

Only two weapons that use the bayonet ON the weapon are the AK-47 for the Chechens, and the Brits SA80 one. They are used for stealth kills, not bayonet rushes. Bayonet rushes don't work in PR unless the enemy are a group of downers.

Deployed scoped rifles? Giving the insurgents one more thing they have to worry about is a bad idea. Making the scoped G3 into more of a sniper than it already is, is also.

I've ran out of ammo once, to be honest the good PR player shoots only when needed. Stealth, speed and accuracy
It's quite easy to say "I just got knifed, he's somewhere to your South, guys"

It's possible to have a bayonet rush if done properly with a lot of confusion beforehand.

Scoped G3 into more of a sniper rifle = G3SG1 Marksman, which is ALSO getting a deployed mode in v0.9 as it is. G3 is a battle rifle, meaning it's supposed to be accurate out to larger ranges.

Stealth, speed, and overwhelming force.*
Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #47
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
It's quite easy to say "I just got knifed, he's somewhere to your South, guys"

It's possible to have a bayonet rush if done properly with a lot of confusion beforehand.

Scoped G3 into more of a sniper rifle = G3SG1 Marksman, which is ALSO getting a deployed mode in v0.9 as it is. G3 is a battle rifle, meaning it's supposed to be accurate out to larger ranges.

Stealth, speed, and overwhelming force.*
You're looking vertical. How on earth would you be able to know where the enemy is running after he knifed you?

I'd like to see it. So far I've never seen one that is worth the risk, plus in PR 99% of the time there isn't mass confusion as there isn't enough players, and there is too much space.

Clearly I wasn't talking about the G3SG1 champ, I'm talking about the regular scoped rifle for the rifleman, which, if the G3SG1 is getting it, doesn't really need. iirc they have the same barrel length, caliber and so forth, the only difference being the SG1 has a bipod and different scope mount. So, technically, if the regular scoped G3 gets a deployed mode, it should be almost exactly as accurate as the SG1.

Overwhelming force? Not really. If you have stealth and speed you can take out a squad solo. Thats how I run my squads and I've only failed once.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #48
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Good, if it is large stabbing motion that takes awhile inbetween goes then I'm all for it.
you missed every point.

1. even if you do move a quick "guy behind" on voip will cause a squad to turn around and shoot you.

2. see point 1.

3. no, not deployed but undeployed ala the current SAW's so the rifles with scopes with have some effectiveness in CQB As you could "shoulder" your rifle like in real life and shoot "down the barrel"

Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #49
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Clearly I wasn't talking about the G3SG1 champ, I'm talking about the regular scoped rifle for the rifleman, which, if the G3SG1 is getting it, doesn't really need. iirc they have the same barrel length, caliber and so forth, the only difference being the SG1 has a bipod and different scope mount. So, technically, if the regular scoped G3 gets a deployed mode, it should be almost exactly as accurate as the SG1.
Battle Rifle armed counties like Pakistan actually only claim similar shooting results to their Assault Rifle armed counterparts.

The listed range for effective fire produced by a Pakistani rifleman with a G3 is 300m.

In practise I'm almost sure they'd be vastly more effective at greater range.

From memory the G3SG1 also has a better barrel, and they are individually tested to much higher standards than stock G3's, resulting in markedly superior MOA.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #50
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Knife should be removed, and the animation changed to using the butt of the rifle. But, it wouldn't change anything game play wise.

Quote:
Is there a reason for the deviation/accuracy/recoil being worse when 'firing from the hip'? I seem to remember the words hard coded, but I can't remember exactly.
Closed Thread

Tags
attack, attacks, knife