project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
Tacamo
Default Door breaching

Hopefully BF2 won't have those strange houses, bunkers, etc. that for some odd reason have no doors. If not possibly some could be added and made to interact with explosions either via breaching charge, grenade, RPG, (I think I remember someone saying on another forum blank M1 cartridges could even be used for breaching in extreme cases). Hopefully shotguns would be able to a similar effect, minus the explosive damage. It used to be pretty cool doing that in Rogue Spear when you had proper back up.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Yeah I already suggested this a little while back and it would add alot too the gameplay of BF2. You would breach with shotguns, C4, etc. I would love it.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
Tacamo

Depending on how well static objects can be manipulated in game, possibly other debris and objects can be placed in/around doorways and staircases. It's not the best example for realistic game play CS:S is somewhat capable of doing this. Hopefully BF2 will permit such abilities when it hits the shelves or at least allow modders to add it in.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Ugly Duck

Maybe the ragdoll physics could be applied to doors. IE you walk into a door and it opens because of the force you have placed against it by moving your player. Not the most realistic way, but it could work. Some doors could be "Locked" IE they would be heavy enough that a player could not move it, but a blast from a shot gun would knock it open. Maybe the people making BF will at least make it possible to code in doors, but they already said they arent adding doors because again they dont want to make it too complex. WTF is this.... opening doors is now too complex!
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Its possible to blow doors open or "breech" them in BF42 so it will obviously be possible in BF2. In BF42 however, its just not very smooth and its not the easiest thing. Look at maps like FH's Omaha Charlie sector. You have to blow the bunker doors using the bangalores.

I think DCR is going to have this in its next release, if not, it should be a shot for BF2. They are making it so C4 and shotguns blow open doors. There is no actual open animation, there is just a version of the door normal and closed, and a version of it blown open. I am not sure if its possible to put an animation into it.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #6
Figisaacnewton

i think appying the radgodll pyshics to it may work. the problem (im not a coder, but this is what i think would be hard) is coding hinges, and coding it so a door can blow apart and get blown off the hinges at the same time, or not get blow of the hinges just blown open. and with the pyshics engine being used, every door has to open both ways, but thats probly not a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
CHIKEN

The only problem i think with using physics is that with enough bullets from a 9m pistol you can open the door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CHIKEN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
Hoss
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

I think this would such a cool addition.

Maybe it's because I'm coming from games based on the Bfv engine (which = poo). But it this worth the game/engine resouces to do? We don't know how BF2 will react (I'm sure better than BFV) but this seems like it would cause lag/bog down issues in the game?

If not, it would such a cool thing to add in.

Hoss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
Archangel

I believe a limited version is already in effect. One of the movies has a t-90 blowing down a garage door. The ability is there, its just wether or not they will remove the feature, so it is possible.

Archangel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #10
nerdmonkey

I am not a coder, but I had an idea from looking at the landing craft in bf 1942. On the landing crafts you can open the door by pressing a button. Couldn't you just make a door a vehicle and code it in so when u press E and the door will auto open and when it is done it ejects you from the vehicle (the door)? I hope this makes sense.

Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a Realismoholic.
nerdmonkey is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
breaching, door