project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
USMCMIDN
Default Lower Anti Tank Mine Damage....

I looked under the search numerous times so if this suggestion is out there already I do not mean to upset the devs....

anyway

I am sick of seeing a Tank or a APC running over 1 anti tank mine and it completely destroying a tank or an APC.

Now the way a Anti Tank mine works is mainly damaging the treads of the tank and making it immobilized so that infantry can take it out with more anti tank weapons. Looking online and finding information on M1 Abrams being hit in the Gulf war (early 90s before any up grades to their armor was made) the tanks were simply immobilized with out any casualties looking for other tank casualties in Iraq 2003 1 Abram ran over a tank mine with over 1000 pounds of explosives and killed 2 members of the tank but even then it was not destroyed only disabled and immobilized (but this was with over 1000 pounds of explosives also) History of the M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest the anti tank mine only disables and immobilizes the tank with out any casualties toward the crew (insurgents can easily kill a immobile tank with RPGs and IED ive seen it done on Basra many a time)

Now with the APCs I suggest not only they be immobilized but the driver on the APCs be killed and the crew and gunner wounded and not killed this gives them a chance to heal up and repair the vehicle and the insurgents a better chance of killing them all (insurgents easily can kill an immobile APC ive seen it 100 times)...

if the engine cant do this maybe 1/3 of the apcs be completely destroyed and the rest be immobilized!

Google Image Result for http://www.dragoons.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/65581_102215563.jpg

https://rdl.train.army.mil/soldierPo...21.10/appc.htm

I think this is more realistic and can make the game more like real life....
USMCMIDN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Lower Anti Tank Mine Damage....

I think it's good as it is. Anti tank mines are also used for area denial. Damaging system in PR doesn't always work as intented, -If people can just drive over mines they'd be doing it all the time and putting down mines would be in vain.

I often have very bad luck predicting where to place the mines, and when I finally get a kill for it I believe I deserve that.

Always look out for mines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

^^totally support in case of tanks, give it only 50% damage(or at what rate vehicle gets critical)
Quote:
Now with the APCs I suggest not only they be immobilized but the driver on the APCs be killed and the crew and gunner wounded and not killed this gives them a chance to heal up and repair the vehicle and the insurgents a better chance of killing them all (insurgents easily can kill an immobile APC ive seen it 100 times)...
this is debatable, 8 wheeled APC are very good in keeping mobility after AT mine, even if they are not new-gen with improved mine-protection
so i wouldn go as far as killing crew, immobility by itself will be enough

Quote:
If people can just drive over mines they'd be doing it all the time and putting down mines would be in vain.
if you get immobilized by mine you cant simply drive over it, since you will be pretty much f*ed up
also, tanks are pretty wide, put 2 mines and it will get pwnd like now with 1 mine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
USMCMIDN

Exactly but still even 2 anti tank mines still wound't kill a NATO tank lol I read someplace where a M1 Abram was hit by a 3000 lb IED and wasn't totally destroyed (it was still mobile and the crew survived) like I said the system needs to change I mean IRL NATO tanks are very hard to kill so are APC (to an extent) how many times was that M1 Abram hit by the T72s in Iraq and still made it w/o and deaths on the crew side? ? ?

once again if this was suggested already I tried looking and do not mean to get the devs mad!
USMCMIDN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post

if you get immobilized by mine you cant simply drive over it, since you will be pretty much f*ed up
also, tanks are pretty wide, put 2 mines and it will get pwnd like now with 1 mine
If they can get it to work I'm all for it, but it's almost certain there'll be a flaw with it.

[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
TheLean
Supporting Member

If tanks are not blown up and only immobilized the respawn system for tanks would not work. Thats why you sometimes see players blowing up trucks that are stuck etc, to get them to respawn back in main. Maybe give the tank crew a chance to escape before blowing up the tank is better.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
If tanks are not blown up and only immobilized the respawn system for tanks would not work. Thats why you sometimes see players blowing up trucks that are stuck etc, to get them to respawn back in main. Maybe give the tank crew a chance to escape before blowing up the tank is better.
Or you could repair it...

|
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCMIDN View Post
M1 Abram was hit by a 3000 lb IED and wasn't totally destroyed (it was still mobile and the crew survived)
if 3000lb IED blows up under tank, you can be sure it will be destroyed, unless IED was buried way too deep, look at it as a JDAM which fell far from tank, it might be powerful, but it wont damage it after certain distance
Quote:
Exactly but still even 2 anti tank mines still wound't kill a tank
bear in mind engine limitations, for now the immobility is triggered when your vehicle HP reaches certain level, then there is a chance of failure, it could be turret block, immobility or both
so you will have to live with either 2 mines kill or it will be far easier to disable tank with other weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
If they can get it to work I'm all for it, but it's almost certain there'll be a flaw with it.
yeah, ofc if it wont work, then leave as it is, but if its possible, would be great

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
USMCMIDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
well thats the thing it forces the coalition forces to either repair it or destroy it like in real life... To this day the US has never lost a M1 Abram tank to enemy forces. All Abrams that were so badly hit where they could be repaired but due to the circumstance there was no way of getting that vehicle back to base safely the US forces themselves destroyed to deny enemy forces. So it is very realistic... And with the APC and Tanks being destroyed it would implement a whole convoy being forced to stop and repair and take care of wounded (in pr a logi truck would have to come up from the convoy and repair the vehicle, medics/corpsman would need to dismount their hums and would also need to come up and treat the wounded, that is assuming APCs and tanks dont run off and do their own thing which in so many cases they do but in that case the insurgents like I said could easily kill everyone after all team work is the key to this game and that encourages more team work for the coalition forces ya know)

and I think the current system can do what I suggested because I have seen RPGs get a shot off at APCs and disable them so they couldn't move, so I am sure the devs could easily do this...and if the system couldnt do the whole wound thing for the APCs maybe just disable them to where they beep with that annoying siren.

as far as the 3000 lb IED it was a story i heard from a army friend I did not read it typo my bad but thats y I did not sight.... but this has to be at leas 1500 lbs http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fadc431531 and these people state not sure on the clarity of their sources Abrams have run over 1000lbs of explosives and survived http://www.fuckfrance.com/topic/3455...A3-Patton.html now IDK if my friend failed to mention the IED was buried to deep (which I know for a fact that happens a lot in Iraq heres a cool video http://www.vidmax.com/video/3557/Dee...rneath_a_road/ but now that you say that and looking online something must of went wrong with that IED if it was 3000 lbs)

but still something should be done in game
Last edited by USMCMIDN; 12-27-2009 at 09:45 AM..
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #10
freeway

have u ever think of ppl who laying mines on roads how many times they success ? and how manytimes have u played as a sabber ? give ppl on the otherside a chance to win would ya ? u get frustrated or r you blind ? most of the time u could see mines from miles away , we cant bury them can we ? come on think b4 u suggest anything for f** sake

AKA AlexanderK-47
"The sniper is a very necessary person. He serves to remind us that we are war."
A .303 round at +2500 fps will remove a leg if it impacts the mid to lower thigh, thus resulting in death for most circumstances
No word of a lie ever since i downloaded this mod on January, i havent gone near the BF2 icon lol!
freeway is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
anti, damage, lower, mine, tank