project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking
Default Kit custimazation (to a limit) - in another bf2 mod allready

Ive been playing alot of Roflbox for a while, and it has its own kit custimazation... to a degree. i wonder if we could integrate something simaler to it to pr.
Please do not say resuggestion or hardcoded- i know its a resuggestion, but im, showing that it is possible and easy for the player.

I did voice for the talking XD

Here is a vid i made as an example
YouTube Video

So, would this work with pr, i mean sure, only let them custimize it while dead, but still... I think having something like this might work- but i dont know how to do any codeing or anything like that, so i dont know how hard it is to make that work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Dizakui
Default Re: Kit custimazation (to a limit) - in another bf2 mod allready

If it was used, I think it'd work pretty well with the PSC or militia factions more than any of the conventional ones.
Not 100% sure though, would have to be coded to work from supply crates and have limits for it to work in game properly.
Sounds really complex, but also quite alot of fun.
Dizakui is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizakui View Post
If it was used, I think it'd work pretty well with the PSC or militia factions more than any of the conventional ones.
Not 100% sure though, would have to be coded to work from supply crates and have limits for it to work in game properly.
Sounds really complex, but also quite alot of fun.
what im saying is you know the us can costimize there guns to a limit, or so i have heard, this could be like that. You could still request kits like normal, but this would be your kit, and if you die, others can take it.

also, i do not think it could work with crates, becuase of the fact that the crates give out a kit a normal kit, while these are custimized.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
ledo1222

Your basicly saying lets for get about PR and make this BF2v all over again.

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta

ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
Tofurkeymeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post
Your basicly saying lets for get about PR and make this BF2v all over again.
No, think about it as bringing what you need to the fight.

For example, a combat engi can bring 4 C4, or a shovel, 2 C4, and a wrench. For stuff like that it could be nice.
Tofurkeymeister is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
bloodthirsty_viking

or for your primary wepon you can chose acog, red dot, iron, with other atachments aswell

and if possible, say you have the medic kit, you can chose to carry more eppipens or asmall health bag that i forget is called,, so you can make it fit your playstyle more..

idk, a rifleman can cary extra grenades instead of ammo, noumers choices

Old 12-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
SkaterCrush

Its really weird how all these good suggestions get shot down by the staff etc. I mean it might be a lot of work (not sure) but the payoff would be huge.

SkaterCrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

theres no staff in here... (or at least there wasn't)

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
Burton

Send a message via Skype™ to Burton

If there could be a way found of linking the weapon store style thing to each kit, we could have diff versions of each weapon - perhaps progressing upwards

Three examples;

Rifleman

Slot 1 (Locked): Knife
Slot 2 (Primary Weapon): AimPoint / Iron sight / Acog
Slot 3 (Kit specific item, Grenade Launcher): Yes / No
Slot 4 (Kit specific slot, Locked):
Slot 5 (Kit specific slot, Locked):
Slot 6 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook
Slot 7 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook
Slot 8 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook
Slot 9 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook

Automatic Rifleman

Slot 1 (Locked): Knife
Slot 2 (Primary Weapon) Deployed:
Slot 3 (Primary Weapon) UnDeployed:
Slot 4 (Kit specific slot, Side arm): Yes / No
Slot 6 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook
Slot 7 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook
Slot 8 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook
Slot 9 (Misc): Grenade(x2) / Incendiary Grenade(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Smoke(x2) / Signal smoke(Colour1, x2) / Signal smoke(Colour2, x2) / Ammo(x1) / Trip Flare(x2) / Grappling hook

Pilot

Slot 1 (Locked): Unarmed (with Insurgent hands raised feature)
Slot 2 (Primary Weapon) Locked:
Slot 3 (Primary Weapon) Locked:
Slot 4 (Kit specific slot, Side arm): Yes / No
Slot 6 (Misc): Trip Flare(x1) / Signal smoke(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Binoculars
Slot 7 (Misc): Trip Flare(x1) / Signal smoke(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Binoculars
Slot 8 (Misc): Trip Flare(x1) / Signal smoke(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Binoculars
Slot 9 (Misc): Trip Flare(x1) / Signal smoke(x1) / Field Dressing(x1) / Binoculars

With slots 6 - 9 perhaps only allow each item, i.e. grenades to be assigned to 2 slots, to prevent Frag fests etc..

The amount of hours it would take to get this working is probably incomprehensible, but I'm just putting it out there as the payoff would be huge and add a completely new element to PR

QA Tester
VMC Game Labs, Montreal
Last edited by Burton; 12-22-2009 at 07:58 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
bloodthirsty_viking

thats exactly what i was thinking burton, but i also thought, would the ammount of work needed be worth it, and scince i do not know how any of this coding stuff works, i can not imagian how much/little work this would be, and if its to much work for something so big, but at the same time, small.

sorry if what i just said seems like a riddle, its hard for me to put into words

Tags
allready, bf2, custimazation, kit, limit, mod