project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
BreepZz

Thumbs up Bigger explosion when cache destroyed

I mean, did you see what kind of weapons are in a cash? Grenade, rpg, ogive, IED etc... I think the explosion when we destroy it is tooooo small. That should be great if the explosion looks like an IED one.
PR= Reality no?
BreepZz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
goguapsy

Default Re: Bigger explosion when cash destroyed

Could be. I suggest then a bigger time for the cache to blow up (I mean, a bigger delay when you put the incendiary and the cache effectively blows up.) It happened more then once that someone putted the incendiary and the cache blew up everyone inside...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreepZz View Post
PR= Reality no?

If the Blufor found a Weapon Cache do you really think they would just blow it up?

They take everything outside and take it all back to base.

You already get killed when you destroy a cache in some buildings (You're still going down the stairs when it blows) so making the explosion bigger would, IMO, make the game more frustrating.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

in r/l when a cache is found, most of the time the weapons are disposed of in a controlled explosion (ie, shoved into a hole and destroyed or taken back to base, so adding a bigger explosion with RPG flying out etc would be much more unrealistic than what we have now...

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Redamare
Supporting Member

it should have more than 3 explosions it should be like .... one explosion then wait two explosions right after eachother 4 more then one big boom.... lol makes it seem like the granades and Rpgs are all going off..... and if possible throw some small arms pings prepresenting ammo rickocheing off walls..

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
boilerrat

Thermite nades are't really explosive, they are incendiary weapons. So i'm not sure if the thermite would cause nades to explode or RPG / IED.

I think it would just melt the items instead.
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
mat552

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
in r/l when a cache is found, most of the time the weapons are disposed of in a controlled explosion (ie, shoved into a hole and destroyed or taken back to base, so adding a bigger explosion with RPG flying out etc would be much more unrealistic than what we have now...
Being hit in the face with an RPG-7 launcher going high subsonic would be a hell of a way to die.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

PR is now about the team at all costs. The costs that the individual pays are too great, and it's crushing anybody left who tries to shoulder the burden.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
If the Blufor found a Weapon Cache do you really think they would just blow it up?

They take everything outside and take it all back to base.
orly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNBaySQ6us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZN0l2f8kSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTd_...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgUCyI5DhEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-YUeibQ9VI

im pretty sure blowing up caches is EXACTLY what they do. Ill leave it to some of the serving, experienced soldiers to confirm as im not military nor EOD. but as the videos show, im pretty sure blowing up and disposing of weapons is what they do.

It would be good if in game we could move the cache, and have a "EOD" squad come a blow it up but it wouldn't be practical or needed so the current system will do.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

Gazz, Youre such a hound. Sometimes I wish your were wrong all the time so you were banned. but your not so

I like this suggestion very much so because of Gazz's post. But how many caches will be blown up near civilian homes? I guess because in-game no one is home its okay but jeez, its an explosion.

Ok my worries are gone, Put it in and lets have really cool and long lasting explosion sounds and many explosions per cache.

There I've decided...its going in.

You hear that Dev's...I've decided so get crackin'

Peace

Ace

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemantura View Post
But how many caches will be blown up near civilian homes?
not many i would imagine due to collateral , but as i said moving and destroying the cache would be hard to implement (if possible at all) so current system is fine. as for bigger explosions? i dont mind either way

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bigger, cache, cash, destroyed, explosion