project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
HAAN4
Default TANK superiority

This is, Abrhans can kill alot of other tanks, and can only be macth by some of bluefor other tanks,

the meaning of this is to ADD the handcap for vehicles fieghts,

all other factions that have poor tanks, of course will Earn extra ones, has well have their tricket couth decresed by 5.

MEC/RUSSIA/CHINA are exemples, of factions whicht tank inferioty,

A abrhans for exemple, can get much, much much more hit's, do their uranion armor.

this is PROJECT REALITY, and we must face it, Americans army is the best in world. they got REALLY EVIL WEOPOWS.

has well give all other had caps to all armys, for exemple, other factions LMG will not get zoon, because they are not suposed to have zoon!.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt
Default Re: TANK superiority

I am under the impression that the Russian T-90's in the same class as the Abrams, which is outclassed by the Challenger 2.

M.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
mat552

Reality < Game Balance (At least as far as PR goes)

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

PR is now about the team at all costs. The costs that the individual pays are too great, and it's crushing anybody left who tries to shoulder the burden. Look at us. Look at what they make you give.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Bellator

I dont think that slight quality advantages of US Abrams would count as a game changer. The abrams isn't radically superior compared to a modernized t-72. Assuming if both tanks receive the appropriate support in the battlefield, a modernized t-72 can perform reasonably well --- why wouldn't it? Furthermore, in all the wars that the US has so far fought with Abrams at its disposal, the US has wielded vast strategic advantages that are much more important that slight quality differences: hence the great performance of the US military and its tanks. And, well, Iraqi vehicles and crews weren't exactly the best in the Middle East, and they didn't receive the same support as US armour.
Last edited by Bellator; 12-12-2009 at 02:36 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Nebsif
Supporting Member

wut?
I didnt understand what ur suggesting, but each tank has its weakness and strenght, like high armor but low mobility, high mobility but low armor etc. idk if Abrams is better than T-80 (the RUS/MEC tank), but I do kno that BRDM > Bradley and that US AA > MEC AA, thats the balance behind the asset layot and stuff...

Back to tanks, while T-80 seems pretty much equal to Abrams, theres a biggy difference between teh Challenger and the Chinese Tank (T-60?). Challenger is super duper armored, but slower & its turret is clumsy/slow, while teh chinese one is faster, has better turret handling but lower armor.

Yesterday I played a round on quinling and had a 1v1 CQ tank battle (like 20m from each other), me in T-60 vs challenger. It took 3 hits with teh anti tank shell in challenger's left/right side to take it down, and the challenger gunner hit us only once in the front cuz we kept moving around faster than they could. U may say that teh other tank crew failed, but thats just a small example of teh difference between various tanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAAN4 View Post

A abrhans for exemple, can get much, much much more hit's, do their uranion armor.
I thought the abrams just had sum 1337 uranium thingy rounds? Howeveries i hear the challanger 2 armor beats the crap outta pretty much everything

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Damn it Rampo, every time I see your avatar out the corner of my eye I think it's BobMarley.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 12-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Damn it Rampo, every time I see your avatar out the corner of my eye I think it's BobMarley.
So THATS why people don't direspect me no more!!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
joethepro36

IMO realistic tank differences are effectively minimal/non-existant in PR terms.

Abrams' biggest advantage over a russian tank is common use of thermal optics and the like which isn't part of PR (yet). Russian tanks are pretty much equal if not superior to american tanks otherwise. If you really want to debate which is the best modern tank currently in PR, it would be the challenger 2 due to slightly superior armour (and much higher cost) than other tanks.

So basically tanks are fine as they are. A change apparently coming soon is t-72's reduced armour compensated by AT missiles.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Ccharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAAN4 View Post
This is, Abrhans can kill alot of other tanks, and can only be macth by some of bluefor other tanks,

the meaning of this is to ADD the handcap for vehicles fieghts,

all other factions that have poor tanks, of course will Earn extra ones, has well have their tricket couth decresed by 5.

MEC/RUSSIA/CHINA are exemples, of factions whicht tank inferioty,

this is PROJECT REALITY, and we must face it, Americans army is the best in world. they got REALLY EVIL WEOPOWS.

has well give all other had caps to all armys, for exemple, other factions LMG will not get zoon, because they are not suposed to have zoon!.
ummm... you need to slow down here buddy. Theres alot of places were the american army falls behind in other things. yes the abrams is great but theres alot of tanks out there that can match it and beat it. Challenger 2 for example, awesome tank, the Leopard tank is another great one.

Theres also the whole gameplay thing. If you simply just make it like this it will be another reason for everybody to go teamswitching to the US.

Oh and on a last note, the newest russian T-90's can kill a abrams quite easily.

if you miss him... try, try again
Closed Thread

Tags
superiority, tank