project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
cocobutter333

Default Point Whoring/Allocation

Reduce the points given for building a firebase and increase points given for assisted kills, asset destruction and objective capture.

e.g if you kill an enemy and your sqaud members are in radius you all get points

Should help reduce pointless FOB builds for points especially with the removing of rallies and increase sqaud cohesion.
cocobutter333 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
TheLean
Supporting Member
Default Re: Point Whoring/Allocation

Fobs should give points to the squad that built it based on how many soldiers spawn on them and kills made while in the FOB radius. Its an old discussion though. Points are so silly anyway, they never represent true value. What about the logistics squad that delivers the crates? They should get something. Transport chopper pilots who are succesfull should get more points as well, doing insertions the whole round withouth being shot down takes skill.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Arnoldio
Banned

Just remove points, so people play for the game and the team...if you want kills/points go play COD4 and further...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
Zimmer
Supporting Member

In general the best squads are always those getting most points, rather then player points why not only show the squad score?

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
ankyle62

who cares about the points? points dont get you anything, i dont even look at my score.
ankyle62 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Bonsai

Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
Just remove points, so people play for the game and the team...if you want kills/points go play COD4 and further...
...here we go.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
terenz
Send a message via MSN to terenz

Either way, its gonna be very hard for anyone to make an opninion about this, since the use of FOBs might just increase drasticly if they pass on the stuff in the betatesting atm
terenz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankyle62 View Post
who cares about the points? points dont get you anything, i dont even look at my score.
They make you look cooler it's nice to know about your accomplishments but they shouldnt be padded

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Building spawnpoints for your team is extremely important, that's why its rewarded with lots of points. I think it's a fine system, I wouldn't change a thing.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Although I don't play this game to get big scores I likw to look at the scoreboard to see how I'm doing. The thing that is annoying sometimes is that the squad that runs around wasting all the logi trucks deploying FBs in stupid spots and then dieing gets more points than my squad who haven't built any FBs because we have been busy fighting and reviveing. So I wouldn't mind combat or transport scores to be raised a bit and building scores lowered but it isn't a big deal to me.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
allocation, point, whoring, whoring or allocation