project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Joeziah

Default [vehicle] Oshkosh M-ATV

Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP All Terrain Vehicle

would be an excellent replacement for squad transportation of US Army forces during insurgency maps.

From the little info I could find on it, Sounds like they have arrived in Afghanistan already and that Oshkosh is actually exceeded delivery requirements in November.

I'd be willing to give it a go to model/texture it if there was a chance a good version would be implemented.

(Note, I don't think it would be available to Marines, anyone know?)
Joeziah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Rambo Hunter

Default Re: [vehicle] Oshkosh M-ATV

Quote:
KANDAHAR AIRFIELD, Afghanistan-The first Mine Resistant Ambush Protected All-Terrain Vehicles (M-ATV) designated for Southern Afghanistan arrived here Oct. 22 by air transport.

After months of government testing, the Department of Defense awarded a contract June 2009, to Oshkosh Corporation to supply an initial order valued at $1.05 billion for more than 2,000 M-ATVs.

With an independent suspension system designed for off-road mobility, the M-ATV is built specifically to navigate Afghanistan's rugged landscape.

"The M-ATV really answers some of the challenges of the terrain, high altitudes and the real unevenness of a lot of the terrain out there," said Haggerty.

The M-ATV seats four passengers and one gunner, and features an armor system with a "V" shaped hull engineered to protect occupants from enemy attack.

"It looks like a modified, huge, heavy-duty Jeep," said Anthony Deluca, the Kandahar site lead for the MRAP program. "It's got very good suspension systems, and everyone raves about how well it functions in the field."

While some original MRAP vehicles may weigh nearly 60,000 lbs., the M-ATV weighs approximately 25,000 lbs. including standard equipment and fuel.

These initial eight vehicles will be used to train drivers and mechanics from units selected to receive M-ATVs.
New M-ATV arrives in Southern Afghanistan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Joeziah

only seats 5, someones riding on the roof.
Joeziah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

I think that this would actually be better for the PSC faction. Seems like something they would use.

Actually screw that and give them the Sandcat http://www.oshkosh-tacticalprotector.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Killing the enemy sylently
[R-CON]sylent/shooter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
gazzthompson

why use it for a faction that "seems like they would use it" when you can use it for a faction that DOES use it? makes no sense. project reality remember.

also they have a heavy duty APC already:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f353...y-apc-wip.html

Last edited by gazzthompson; 11-30-2009 at 06:15 PM..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
DOSE use it?
Tis not a drug Gazz

If you're willing to model it shouldn't this be in the community modding section?

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
TheOldBreed

aye, i saw a video for this on the Marine Corps site. wandered when some one was gunna suggest it haha
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent/shooter View Post
I think that this would actually be better for the PSC faction. Seems like something they would use.

Actually screw that and give them the Sandcat Tactical Protector Vehicleâ„¢
PSC faction already has a number of light mine resistant vehicles - the aforementioned grizzly and the casspir. Give this to someone who uses it IRL.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #9
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Hm, would this vehicle (in game) actually survive a mine or IED blast?

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
Snazz
Supporting Member

Ideally it would be coded to be disabled (like a tank) by mines/IEDs rather then completely destroyed.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
matv, oshkosh, vehicle