project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
USMCMIDN
Default No changing clothes when picking up kits...

I have heard other players suggest this and it got me thinking as well...

I dont think I have ever seen or heard of a coalition soldier changing to look like the enemy in real life due to friendly fire. The enemy may but it would take longer than 1 second to change ya know, or maybe give it like a minute to pick up a enemy kit? ? ?

Also maybe only the primary weapon only would change? I dont know if game would allow this, for example I am a US Marine pick up a taliban kit, instead of turning into him I just pick up his weapon...
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Default Re: No changing clothes when picking up kits...

its on a list already afaik

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

To my knowledge, this is not possible in the BF2 engine. This is why we pick up "kits" and not weapons.

I'm not sure exactly what the "kit" is comprised of, but I'm assuming that the kit includes the entire weapon/equipment loadout as well as the external appearance/skin of the player.

I'm sure one of the artists can provide a better, more detailed answer. And I could also be wrong, but if it's possible then it would have been done long ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Fixing this would involve creating unique geometries for a bunch of factions if I recall correctly. I believe that it is being worked on, but don't count on it happening overnight. Also, re-suggestion.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
ma21212
Supporting Member

this reminds me of Splinter Cell when one of the badies talks bout his new boots "hey nice boots whered you get them" "i stole them from a dead guy" "h..hey thats bad luck to steal a dead mans boots" lol

Old 11-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Yeah, I guess cloning all x teams kit goes and then redoing each one with y's guns, but I guess the only way you could actually 'force' them to change kit is by spawning it at their feet, which still leaves you are square 1.

I dont think its possible?
Closed Thread

Tags
changing, clothes, kits, picking