project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
loki1120
Banned
Default Re: UAV "tactical system"

never mind guys, lol, most people wouldnt know how to use a squad like that witch im suggesting anyway.
loki1120 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #12
Acemantura
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

Loki, I would know how to use them, and I am sure you would as well.

However, for the purpose of a game that is readily accessible to n00bs and newbs, i don't think that it should be considered for implementation.

This is especially true of a game that has to cater to 32 man teams, a great deal of players in my estimation. I believe the type of game that this would belong to is something for the Tom Clancy universe or something much less intense than said universe, like COD4 with much larger maps.

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
TheOldBreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampo93(FIN) View Post
Until someone can give me some proof that patrols and squads each have a laptop IRL i dont see anything in this
http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell...110906a_hr.jpg

http://www.barnardmicrosystems.com/clip_image013.jpg

plus read We Were One by Pat O'Donnell and the section on UAVs in The Iraq War by A. Cordesman

i didn't say every squad or patrol has one, that'd be crazy with the amount of UAVs up - a platoon does however e.g. the 32 man team.

it came to mind after posting this about the whole taking a combatant out of combat and the fairness of it - being the otherside won't be able to counter it etc. BUT it would only take the guy operating it out a few minutes, something which is not a whole lot different from (if you have a decent squad leader) lying up in a position somewhere, deciding on where you're going next etc etc - in insurgency, you could even spot where the cache is and work your tactics accordingly.
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
TheOldBreed

PLUS, the Dragon Eye only has an altitude of 300-500 feet, so some insurgent who happens to look up could perhaps shoot it down - thus, however it is deployed in game - taking it out of the game.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
loki1120
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemantura View Post
Loki, I would know how to use them, and I am sure you would as well.

However, for the purpose of a game that is readily accessible to n00bs and newbs, i don't think that it should be considered for implementation.

This is especially true of a game that has to cater to 32 man teams, a great deal of players in my estimation. I believe the type of game that this would belong to is something for the Tom Clancy universe or something much less intense than said universe, like COD4 with much larger maps.
ick, COD, ick.....isnt that one of those track based maps on a console? where you dont have free reign? the only game i have seen that is out that i would play over PR is OFP2DR...i just hope it dosent make you have a bot team that you hve to lead, instead of real players. the uav idea is easy to impliment, people are saying ...oh you cant have a sniper team with a spec ops team, thats bull. guys its not that hard to learn tactics, teach the new guys, as a FM to the readme file. set up a training system when you start the game. somthing. lol. i mean we dont dont let troops go into comabt that dont have training. make it part of the game, cant pass, keep at it till you do.
explain the tactics to em. then after all is said and done. you wont have re-re's and havinga spec ops squad will be ok.
loki1120 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
TheOldBreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki1120 View Post
explain the tactics to em.
i hear you brah. i think more people need to brush up on their tacs, especially new players.
whenever i'm a SL, n i got people runnin round all overt he place, i try n teach em the basics, specially in maps like fallujah and ramiel. i like to think i have made some people more tactically aware haha
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
HAAN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
common guys, do you really need all the villy-nilly fancy toys? there is already lack of combat troop on the field, especially if map has lots of assets, now you want to add another almost non-combat kit. One thing is a commander recon assets, but there is no need to add this to squad level

stop suggesting fancy toys, engage your brain to find out where your enemy is and shoot your frigging rifle
I agreed whicht the russian guy, Those fancy tools are not stuff of Infantry.

what a infantry need's, is ALOT of armor and a KEVILIER HELMET, a good assault rifle, lots of training, courage and a smart brain. has well hight moral benefits. NOT FANCY TOYS.
HAAN4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
Hitman.2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki1120 View Post
i would play over PR is OFP2DR....
TBH PR is much better apart from the larger maps

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
goguapsy

About the SpecOps class, it used to exists but it was taken out because of some 0v3r-L3v3L of 1337N33S right?

Not sure, but well, in some maps I try to run a "behind enemy lines" squad (aka GREENBERET). We do pretty much well sometimes, but this UAv thingy would just be overpowered. The cool thing about sneaking up behind people is never knowing where or how many they are exactly.

Also, this makes the COs job fun, communicating and stuff. Also I never had a problem with talking to the CO about enemies and stuff like that.

Therefore, nice suggestion, but I believe that, gameplay wise, it is just unnecessary, IMHO.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #20
TheOldBreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAAN4 View Post
and a KEVILIER HELMET
do you mean a kevlar helmet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
The cool thing about sneaking up behind people is never knowing where or how many they are exactly.
"IRL", as project reality in its infinite wisdom tries to recreate, i thought the cool thing would to be know exactly where your enemies were, sneak up on them, take them out and bring your guys back alive. good intel - "a necessity on today's battlefield" haha

with concerns about the UAV being overpowering and unfair to the otherside, "IRL" i don't think the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan threw down their weapons and complained. real life combat is unfair. whoever has the best tactical advantage wins

Tags
tactical system, uav