project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
m0ldym1lk

Send a message via AIM to m0ldym1lk
Default Scale

Now if any of us have been next to military equipment, we all know good and well that it is in no way small when it comes to planes, tanks, and all that good stuff. One of my big gripes about games with vehicular warfare is that the vehicles just aren't big enough! After standing next to vehicles such as the M1A1, I feel like a giant when playing things like Desert Combat because the player is just as tall as the vehicle! And planes are by no means small either, as when you stand next to them they are actually quite massive compared to a person. I would like to suggest that Project Reality incorporate the actual size of vehicles into the mod. For instance, if I go stand next to a Challenger, I would like to feel somewhat dwarfed by its size, and same for other vehicles that are quite large in real life. My two cents, what about everyone else? What do you guys think?
m0ldym1lk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
Evilhomer
Retired PR Developer

Judging by the screenshots from BF2 think they may have allready latched onto this idea.
Nevertheless.
I still agree with you, these tanks are worth millions of pounds (dollars/euros) and to stand next to one definetly leaves a mark on you. They are giants and that is why they are so impressive. Desert combat made these vehicles look far smaller than they are in real life, so it is quite easy to loose respect for how intimidating it is in real life to think that a couple of hundered meters away one of them could have your number allready

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Evilhomer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
AlphaKilo

according to this: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1.htm

The abrams is 8.0 FT tall
so mabye DC isnt to much out of scale if they are using a 6.0FT tall character model

--"It is well that war is so terrible for we should grow too fond of it." --Robert E. Lee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AlphaKilo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
CHIKEN

Well these guys hardly look short but the tank is only a few inches under his shoulder.

CHIKEN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Dr.Spangle

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Spangle

That soldier might be somewhat close to the appropriate scale for the M1A1, but just look at the M2A3 which is a few meters behind him!
Dr.Spangle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
snipurs
Send a message via AIM to snipurs Send a message via MSN to snipurs

somthing about those guys standing next to somthing so awsome, and powerful makes you feel like playing video games will never come close to the real world just imatate it.

"Mess with the best...get sniped like the rest"
"being a patriot is not dieing for your country its making the other son of a bitch die for he's"

snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #7
marto
Send a message via AIM to marto

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Dr.Spangle]That soldier might be somewhat close to the appropriate scale for the M1A1, but just look at the M2A3 which is a few meters behind him!
Yeah I don't think they could come close to fitting 6 people in the back of that M2A3.
marto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
Sabian
Send a message via AIM to Sabian

True marto. But you also must realize that if they are made too big then your a giant target riding around for any plain or heli to take out.
Sabian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
m0ldym1lk

Send a message via AIM to m0ldym1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian
True marto. But you also must realize that if they are made too big then your a giant target riding around for any plain or heli to take out.
Helis and planes are by no means small either
m0ldym1lk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #10
CHIKEN

Helos and planes are huge targets. But they make up for their size by travelling fast and or are used stealthily.

If anything ingame you just need to get the camera angle correct for things to feel bigger. Stick on a reasonably wide angle lense and BAM you have a some sort of realistic feeling environment....something like 90-95 degrees i think is pretty good. Lets you see to the side....as you can do in real life by moving your eyeballs left.......and right.....

Bet you guys werent doing that huh!

The wonders of science make you realise so much more you can do with your body

Anyhoo yeah...It feels like a 60-75 degree camera lens when i play bf1942...You feel realy enclosed and never know wahts around you without spinning on an axis...which is...well stupid.

...And unless your VERY stupid and didnt even realise your eyes can move... unrealistic.

But thats another thing that will just need to be hoped for as you cant exactly "work around" changing the viewing angle in a ny game :\

CHIKEN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
scale