project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Copper.8

Default HUD: remove sprint bar

Is it incredibly neccessary to have the sprint bar? I guess you could ask the opposite question. But think about it. The crosshair was removed, although it played more of a part than the sprint meter, it didn't affect much of anything. Except making the game more realistic. I'm not sure a soldier has any type of equipment that allows him to track his breath or heart-rate and convert that into a meter which predicts when you will run out of breath, or when you will regain full stamina.

It's not really neccessary, at least from my view. But some tweaks would need to be made to give a soldier the idea of how good he is on "puff".
For example, perhaps he could start breathing after draining 25% of his breath (if the sprint meter were there, it would be 3/4 full, to give you a better idea). A new sound could be implemented to show heavy breathing after you have drained 75% of your breath. Then when regaining stamina, you would continue to breathe until you have regained 75% or 3/4 of your full stamina.

Maybe there's a better idea, but the point is the sprint bar isn't at all neccessary, certainly not realistic, at least in these times, and this game strives for realism. And even though it is minor maybe removing the sprint meter would add a more realistic feel than gamey feel. Thoughts?

If you don't manage to kill an insurgent, don't go after him, he'll IED you.

If you don't manage to kill an insurgent, don't stay in the same place, he'll molotov you.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Default Re: HUD: remove sprint bar

Quote:
I'm not sure a soldier has any type of equipment that allows him to track his breath or heart-rate and convert that into a meter which predicts when you will run out of breath, or when you will regain full stamina.
It's called a brain stem. When you go run, you know generally when you're getting tired and when you've run out of steam, and when you stop you know when you're less tired and when you're 100% again.

If everyone starts breathing after using 1/4 stamina, all anyone is going to hear is breathing sounds all game. Not fun.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 11-14-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
terenz
Send a message via MSN to terenz

So many resuggestions these days..
Old 11-14-2009, 04:57 AM   #4
Herbiie

You know when you'll run out of breath, you know when you can start sprinting again. You're brain does it for you.

Try running some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
HellDuke

Here's a suggestion for you Copper... For the first time in your life try staing up, go outside and just run in your favourite direction. Then when you do that come back and tell us, did you miss knowing when you are out of breath? Is it easy to run when you can't feel how much stamina you have left? Because I when I run out of breath and I have to run the same distance back I think it's a good idea to rest...

“Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.” - Lao Tzu

Never heard of Lithuania? Territory
!!!
Yes I know the map is old, but that doesn't really matter now does it?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
LeadMagnet
Former Testing Manager

It's there for a reason as already stated. You can't "feel" when you're out of breath so no, it stays.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, hud, remove, sprint