project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Lemon
Supporting Member

Default Re: Real Deployable Machine Gun

That's really good! How does the player look while using it? If it's put in an weird height it look like the player's clipping through the ground or through a wall... know what I mean?
Lemon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
waldo_ii

Can it be picked back up? I would be in complete support of this addition, if it can be picked back up.

Here are some noob ideas of how to do it, if it isn't implemented:

Give the player an unlimited number of these MGs, but allow only one on the battlefield at a time per kit. If the kit disappears, so does the MG.

Give the player the deployable weapon, and then a new item called "pick up MG." It would act similar to the wrench and how it picks up mines. You wrench it for a few seconds, and you get it back. I'm not sure how well this would work out, and it might be exploited in that you could lay one down, reload off of a crate, and put another down. This might be fixed by allowing only one MG on the field per kit at a time, although if this is possible, the first option would be better.

|TGXV| Waldo_II

waldo_ii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
Salmonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
That's really good! How does the player look while using it? If it's put in an weird height it look like the player's clipping through the ground or through a wall... know what I mean?
you got a point, the MG, works as a vehicle, so the animation system is fixed, i can't figure a way to change the animation for each deploy height...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
Can it be picked back up? Give the player the deployable weapon, and then a new item called "pick up MG."
like a said before, the game understand the MG, not as a weapon, but as a vehicle, so it can't be "picked up", like mines or c4.
what I can do, its add a especifid "tool" to "dismount", the weapon, its not shown on the video, but actually the knife can "dismount" the weapon.
Salmonella is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonella View Post
you got a point, the MG, works as a vehicle, so the animation system is fixed, i can't figure a way to change the animation for each deploy height...

like a said before, the game understand the MG, not as a weapon, but as a vehicle, so it can't be "picked up", like mines or c4.
what I can do, its add a especifid "tool" to "dismount", the weapon, its not shown on the video, but actually the knife can "dismount" the weapon.
What you need to do is actually look at the FH2 Mortar Coding. They can be dropped and picked up.

Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonella View Post

Incorrect on the last one, it is entirely possible to pic it up (think of both FH2 and AIX's portable mortars).

The problem I see is more along the lines of ammunition, because picking it back up wouldn't pic up the qeapon/vehicle "as is", it would pick up an ammo unit which reloads the infantry's ability to deploy a fully loaded MG.

I like this idea alot, though, but here are some other things that can be done with it:

1) Only allow the LMG kit to use it (otherwise he/she could potentially deploy it and still have the undeployed rifle).
2) Ammo link the deployed and undeployed MG to each ammo magazine.
3) Allow only one MG weapon deployed per person deployed (duh).
4) To have ammunition "values", make it so that the deployed weapon (the vehicle) only has the one box of ammunition, and to reload it you would have to redeploy it, detracting from your ammo box count and getting rid of the last one.
5) Make it so that you can only pick up deployed mgs that haven't fired any shots (to allow for repositioning of it if it's badly placed), but if any shots are fired it would have to disappear after getting off of it.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
Salmonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
What you need to do is actually look at the FH2 Mortar Coding. They can be dropped and picked up.
humn, i don't have fh2 installed, i'll download it , install, then look for the code...
Salmonella is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #17
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

why not just make it so the deployed mode does not stabilize accuracy unless you are prone, or x distance to an object of a certain height? then again that probably isnt possible on this engine. so given that this seems really good, i remember something exactly like this back in Forgotten Hope 1942 where the machine guns had to be dropped like so, but in that you could pick it up again with the "pickup kit" button (default G).
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #18
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

OOOOOW ! Im stuned ! Great work there. I see its WIP but still a great job ! Keep it up mate !

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Jordanb716

One thing I'm worried about is sometimes I've seen mapper placed MGs and AA emplacements that are badly placed and wont let you back out when your done is that going to be a problem? also I'm seeing potential for exploits like seeing through walls or sticking it to the roof or something.

Colonelcool: I'd gladly pony up some tax dollars to send a JDAM over there just to kill that rooster.
OkitaMakoto: Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac.
Jigsaw: saying "lock please" accomplishes just about the square root of fuck all
Jordanb716 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #20
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
why not just make it so the deployed mode does not stabilize accuracy unless you are prone
this was introduced in pr in 0.8 iirc, then it was changed to current system, scopes were added
Quote:
or x distance to an object of a certain height?
huh? so your accuracy depending on target? you have your cone of fire, which gets wider at range and bullet drop, what else you need?

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deployable, gun, machine, real, suggestion