project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
stiankir

Default Grappling hook

I am just wondering if the DEVs are planning to fix the grapple.
If we compare the efficiency of the grappling hook in BF2 mods, such as between PR and FH2, we see a great difference.
In PR, you cannot use the hook in slack grounds. You need a plateau, or a flat rock, to place the hook in a 90 degree angle, just in order to climb the rope.

If we look at Forgotten Hope 2, and look at the maps where you assault the beaches at Normandy (don't remember the names of the maps), you'll see the vast difference: FH2 physics actually allow the grapple and the rope to be used on hills without the 90 degree-requirement we have in PR.

Are there any information or thoughts about this.

Yours,
Stian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
stiankir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Grappling hook

The Fh2 grapple on Pointe du Hoc is supposed to be this thing which was fired up the hill in real life:

Hence it goes much further
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

You can't use the FH2 on normal terrain either. You can only use the hook when it hits a static. All FH2 have done is line there hills with Static rocks which the grapple attaches to and then lets you climb up the terrain. Korengal Valley and Op Barra have also got these rocks which you can climb, the trick is to throw the grapple onto the rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
You can't use the FH2 on normal terrain either. You can only use the hook when it hits a static. All FH2 have done is line there hills with Static rocks which the grapple attaches to and then lets you climb up the terrain. Korengal Valley and Op Barra have also got these rocks which you can climb, the trick is to throw the grapple onto the rock.
exactly, i often use the trick in korengal by throwing the ropes in to trees and then clmimbing them

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

One thing that I noticied was the difference in the grappiling-hook's ropes. I liked them more than the black line we actually see.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Garmax

I have trouble using the hooks sometimes like in korengal i cant seem to get it to be climable a lot of times, and im hoping that could be fixed or use some rocks which are easier to climb, but not to the point you can put a hook on the ground and climb

Garmax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
WilsonPL

Can you fix the proporiotns of the hook, because now its 1m high..
[after you throw it]

WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
there are a few areas in PR where the technique you describe could easily be added.

e.g. Asad Khal, west side of the town to climb up quickly on to the raised area. Assault on Mestia, a few cliff like areas that could use it.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grappling, hook