project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
arjan

Default Sway & Deviation & Recoil.

It aint fun to see that bullits come out of the side of the barrel, becouse of deviation wich isnt integrated as it should be yet.

When you aim on someone and you have your ironsight or sight up and you lined it up towards the enemy infantry and you fire a bullit, it seems the bullit had landed 2 to 4 meter away of where you aimed, offcourse you can wait abit more than 3 seconds to hit a perfect shot, but it looks very weard and breaks immersion if you have you rifle pointed at him but nothing hits, until youve awaited those seconds while your rifle was visualy steady.

Now comes my suggestion;

1; Have a slight weapon sway when scoped in.

When you raise youre rifle up and scope in, you only have have a slight weapon sway wich makes it feel far less weard when you miss a shot due to deviation.
becouse the sway is slight, it doesnt look like the bullit is coming out of the barrel, and you dont have to guess alot where you bullit will hit.
Note, due to the engine it cant realisticly portray weapon sway. this is only a visual solution to the fustration and unrealistic feel caused by bullits hitting somewhere you are not pointing.

2; Deviation cone made smaller but time doubled.

Haveing the cone smaller, wont make you shoot youre bullits out of the side of your rifle, wich currently breaks immersion of having an accurate assault rifle.
Though, it should now take more time to fully reach maximum accuracy becouse the cone has been made smaller.

Overall CQB should be much easier now and realistic, since the cone is smaller thus the weapon itself is. in close quarters you should have a more accurate % of hitting now.
No more, you shoot and you miss really badly like shooting 1 meter left of him.

But over longer distances its harder to hit an enemie becouse hes a smaller target, wich is realistic, but you wont miss as bad as you did before. becouse of the visual weapon sway, in combination with a smaller deviation cone.

3; Recoil made more heavy, like in 0.5 you had a recoil that went up, but not only straight up, also towards the left upper corner and right.

examples if all combined together;
Note, the movies where made in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter + modded content

Xfire Video

http://www.xfire.com/video/172f0b/

Xfire Video

http://www.xfire.com/video/172f2e/

You cant see it verry well, but in those 2 video's, most of my shots landed just abit off the target, but if i took abit of time to make a shot i took a really accurate shot almost dead on.
Now im not saying it should be exactly like that, but the same idea, but just a smaller cone, longer settle time with a minimal weapon sway and some good recoil.

Wich i think, could result in better/realistic feeling weapon handling.

Ingame name: [TP]A.Behr
Last edited by arjan; 10-25-2009 at 07:06 PM..
Old 10-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
illidur
Default Re: Sway & Deviation & Recoil.

is it even possible to have weapon sway in bf2?
illidur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
arjan

yes, but purely visual

If you read the post, ill outline it with red.

Quote:
Note, due to the engine it cant realisticly portray weapon sway. this is only a visual solution to the fustration and unrealistic feel caused by bullits hitting somewhere you are not pointing.
Sway wont really have much use, than cover the deviation.

So basicly
Withouth sway;
You aim, aimpoint is steady, you miss and you are frustrated becouse it looks stupid and the dot was on his body.

With sway;
You aim, aimpoint is moving just a little bit, you miss and it looks like it came due to that slight weapon sway.

Last edited by arjan; 10-25-2009 at 04:37 PM..
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
illidur

then its impossible to make it so its realistic unless you make it so the bullet hits where ur gun is pointed every time.... i guess i dont see how making the cone smaller is helping make it realistic?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
arjan

Guess you didnt read the post well.
The little weapon sway makes deviation looks less bad.

a slight weapons sway + smaller deviation cone + some recoil = a better/realistic weapon handling.

arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Spaz
Supporting Member

This is something I been wanting for ages, I even talked to some random devs about it afaik. I support this.

I just want something that shows the deviation of the rifle for the player tbh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Spaz; 10-25-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Old 10-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
illidur

i read it but dont understand what your getting at. obviously making the cone smaller ( even to the point where it hits where u aim every time) will make it more visual realistic. it would rid the whole point of steadying your gun to get a shot. and how can you have slight weapon sway when you said weapon sway was not possible? and u'd have to have weapon sway that slowly decreased also. as to show that ur steadied.
Last edited by illidur; 10-25-2009 at 04:48 PM..
Old 10-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
McBumLuv

Heh, pretty much one of my first suggestions as well: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...indicator.html

Though TBH, any deviation indicator would be best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
arjan

Well, it would make rifles ''realisticly'' accurate again.
If it would be impleted you would sure see more people be afraid for rifles like when SAW's start firing.
It makes rifles act more realistic in CQB and Longer ranges.

And it makes deviation look less bad, wich right now breaks the immersion of ''realism''.
Still weapons are not dead on accurate, theirs still some deviation.

arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
illidur

why fix what isn't broken? deviation is there no matter what and i think the deviation atm is fine. the ppl you hear complaining are the ppl who just got off cod4 with weapon sway. by doing what u say encourages run and gun....

Tags
deviation, recoil, sway