project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Archerchef
Supporting Member

Default Visual Cue for JDAM Lock On and New Game Type: Airborne Assault

Is there anyway for pilots to get a visual cue when the JDAM/Bomb is locked on to a target? Sometimes on CAS missions, i missing the "I got lock" voice cue and isnt sure if i should drop my bomb because the radio is always filled with chatter. Also its really hard to hear if i getting locked on and i know this has been suggested before but maybe a visual cue that you've been locked on?

Last, but not least. A new type of game would be nice. Just a little suggestion i thought up.
Name: Airborne Assault.
All teams rules: No respawn for Defending team or Airborne (except for ralleys)
Airborne Setup:
  • Everyone needs a squad of course
  • The beginning of game, squads should spawn together in their dropzone spawns (where they can parachute down and maneuver into an area where the squad leader can regroup and attack)
  • Squad leader's number one priority is to setup a rally for dead squad members to respawn in.
  • After 2 minutes, the all team spawns (dropzones) disappears.
  • No commander, maybe a radio operator to relay messages. If there is to be a commander, maybe he can drop vehicles, supplies, or maybe even a spawn point.
  • Maybe one or two vehicle drops, maybe not.
Defensive Setup:
  • Spawn at main objectives they are suppose to defend.
  • Hold and fortify positions.
  • A few MG setup somewhere to suppress enemies.
  • AA gun somewhere on the map.
  • Commander would be helpful to spot the location of airborne drops.
Winning Conditions
Airborne: Kill all enemy (hardest one), capture all objectives (easier)
Defense: Kill all enemy/rally (hardest), hold objective until time limit ends, the time limit on the map should be lowered dramatically to like 15 minutes or less. (easier)

EDIT

Also we can use the optional objective suggested by NyteMyre to cut off defensive spawns of vehicles if they are present on the map.
Last edited by Archerchef; 09-26-2009 at 12:51 AM..
Old 09-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
bearking19

Default Re: Visual Cue for JDAM Lock On and New Game Type: Airborne Assault

Sounds interesting and possible but most kits have the number 9 key binded to the incendiary grenade unless we remove that for all of em and swap them with the parachutes. Also the map has to be big if the airborne invaders want to stand o chance of surviving after they have landed. Lastly will there be any vehicles on the map at all ? Like i said earlier its gonna be a big map. But an interesting idea nonetheless.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
Archerchef
Supporting Member

we can always make new kits like pilot kits
and maybe light vehicles for defense for patrol
night maps would be awesome
Old 09-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
bearking19

The night vision goggles will have to make a return. The paratroopers surely need some cover while they drop and also not to reveal their position as they land if not they're pretty much dead.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
Archerchef
Supporting Member

well the defending team can't really just go all out and try to kill they as they land. they have to fortify and defend objectives
Old 09-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
McBumLuv

To the first:

You only hear the "I've got lock" so often in any bomb bearing vehicle because they only lock on at around 900 meters away. It is however possible to drop a bomb "dumb" above the intended target (which would not result in an audio cue), but which may then lock onto a laze inflight.

However, I too would prefer a visual cue for bombs, though resembling more like this:

Xfire Video

Old 09-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #7
Archerchef
Supporting Member

thats pretty cool. hopefully PR will take some of the addons people developed for it (combined arms), do its usual artistic tune up for realism and put it in game
Old 09-26-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Air assault's been requested before, but is so very rare these days it's not going to make it in.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Archerchef
Supporting Member

well there hasnt really been any huge invasions of heavily fortified areas so there's really no need.. but since PR is mostly fictional battles, it could work
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
aperson444

Maybe on a large map that's flat desert. The US Paratroopers would all have one kit. The kit they would have would have no weapons and possibly a signal grenade. After 30 seconds after spawning, they should be able to request a weapons kit from a supply crate that dropped down earlier. There should be only Engineer, Rifleman, Medic, and LAT. To get everything else, the US would have to build an FB soon after landing. The US would capture objectives to unlock other dropzones. The OPFOR would have to stop the airborne assault and capture all the dropzones. I'd make the map INF only for the US side, but perhaps the OPFOR could have a small patrol vehicle (jeep), a few trucks, and one APC spawning every 30 minutes or so. For this mode we could unlock the "Supply drop" function. The commander would be able to use this every 15 minutes or 25 minutes after the US builds one command tent. Building a firebase should use up a supply crate instead of two. Fortifications should require another one. These maps should have an airstrike every 30 minutes instead of JDAM. This would replace artillery.

I think that it isn't a bad idea. It's not totally unrealistic. It applies a lot of teamwork. I can see this in the future.
Closed Thread

Tags
airborne, assault, cue, game, jdam, lock, type, visual