project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Redamare's Avatar
Default Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

so when using the heavy at sometimes your missle stays right on target but becasue of the distance you loose sight and slam the At straight into the ground 2 feet away from your intended target. im sure thats happend to many of us. so do you think it would be possible to have scoped Heavy At tubes lock onto laser markers???? looking under the javelin suggestions i dont think that this idea would be too Overpowering because...

1 if your already in a position to fire a Heavy At chances are on your side your going to hit your target regardless of if there is a laser marking. its just those rare moments you wish you had a little help.

2 it could help increase teamwork and communication to help out and defend their heavy at kit players that arent lonewolfing.

..... this could also be a little suggestion on why not bring the javelin into the Us factions?..
the eryx is prettymuch the same thing as a javelin with the detatchable barrel from the scope. we could have a heavy At laser guided javelin if my idea goes through.
its just something to think about.

try not to shoot the idea down
unless its not possible with sufficent means
coding, glitches, things along those lines.

Thanks

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
gazzthompson

gazzthompson's Avatar
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

project reality. Do they current weapons in game have the ability to hit lazes ? i doubt it.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
Cp

Cp's Avatar
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

It is possible, but it isn't realistic.


the javelin is IR guided (heat seeking)

The eryx is SACLOS guided (you hold sights on target, launch unit sees the missile and corrects it to keep it in the center of the sight by sending commands down a wire to the missile)

and the SRAW is INU guided (You aim at the target for a few seconds, the launcher calculates the trajectory needed to hit the target, missile is launched and uses its inertial navigation system to follow the trajectory calculated by the launcher before launch and either detonates on impact with the target or by using proximity sensors to detonate when its above the target.
The missile is essentially blind and can't see where the target is and doesn't get any updates from the launcher by wire or radio commands, this means that if the target suddenly changes course, speed or stops, the missile wont know about it and will miss the target)

Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Ca6e
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

[QUOTE=Cp;1144634]It is possible, but it isn't realistic.

The eryx is SACLOS guided (you hold sights on target, launch unit sees the missile and corrects it to keep it in the center of the sight by sending commands down a wire to the missile)

i dont think so, that missile is conected with a wire . its colculating target as u were surveying the grounds, it colculate distance (IR), with a angle, and get absolute coordinates from luncher, like every IR guidet missile. IR dont mark the target really that the missile have to seek spot of IR on target. It just colculate coords from origin point (luncher in that case, in planes by GPS coords of plane). If u are targeting with GLTD in RL, u must know your position, report it, designate and wait. kaboom
also important thing is not to move GLTD from target couse u can miss it or even send it on your head.

and its already laser guidet missile, it just dont have so big zoom as GLTD, and u canot mark the tanks.
just think u are about 1000m away from tank behind the hills and your SL is 50m away from tank he mark it than u look up and lunch the missile, and u can hit tank even u dont see it. no good
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan's Avatar
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

[QUOTE=Ca6e;1145198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp View Post
It is possible, but it isn't realistic.

The eryx is SACLOS guided (you hold sights on target, launch unit sees the missile and corrects it to keep it in the center of the sight by sending commands down a wire to the missile)

i dont think so, that missile is conected with a wire . its colculating target as u were surveying the grounds, it colculate distance (IR), with a angle, and get absolute coordinates from luncher, like every IR guidet missile. IR dont mark the target really that the missile have to seek spot of IR on target. It just colculate coords from origin point (luncher in that case, in planes by GPS coords of plane). If u are targeting with GLTD in RL, u must know your position, report it, designate and wait. kaboom
also important thing is not to move GLTD from target couse u can miss it or even send it on your head.

and its already laser guidet missile, it just dont have so big zoom as GLTD, and u canot mark the tanks.
just think u are about 1000m away from tank behind the hills and your SL is 50m away from tank he mark it than u look up and lunch the missile, and u can hit tank even u dont see it. no good
I think English isn't your primary language, so I won't complain about the poor typing. But it's a little difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

Are you stating that the Eryx is not wire-guided? The Eryx is wire-guided just like the TOW missile. You can't use an TLD to guide the Eryx to its target, they are not part of the same weapon system and can't be inter-linked for that purpose.

The LTD also doesn't require you to know your own position. Current models have a built-in GPS. The operator simply has to laze the target and the actual coordinates of that target point are instantly able to be transmitted to other units. It's even possible to use the TLD to select a target for GPS-guided munitions, which don't require a constant laser signature. Point, click, transmit, take cover.


At times you will see ground troops able to use the TLD such as the LLDR to mark targets for A-G missiles such as the Hellfire, but I'm not aware of any nations currently using a shoulder-fired or crew-served laser-guided weapon platform that would be used like the Javelin.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
dominator200
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp View Post
It is possible, but it isn't realistic.


the javelin is IR guided (heat seeking)

The eryx is SACLOS guided (you hold sights on target, launch unit sees the missile and corrects it to keep it in the center of the sight by sending commands down a wire to the missile)

and the SRAW is INU guided (You aim at the target for a few seconds, the launcher calculates the trajectory needed to hit the target, missile is launched and uses its inertial navigation system to follow the trajectory calculated by the launcher before launch and either detonates on impact with the target or by using proximity sensors to detonate when its above the target.
The missile is essentially blind and can't see where the target is and doesn't get any updates from the launcher by wire or radio commands, this means that if the target suddenly changes course, speed or stops, the missile wont know about it and will miss the target)
Im sure that the javelin isnt just ir guided it is one of the options that can be used just as the flat or above launch mode, the reason I am sure that it isnt just ir guided is that they use this to clear componds in afghanistan were the at4 will not penatrate enough in to the compond of engaement so they use above attack mode, with laser guided, as the IR would have anything to lock on to.
dominator200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
Alex6714

Alex6714's Avatar
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator200 View Post
Im sure that the javelin isnt just ir guided it is one of the options that can be used just as the flat or above launch mode, the reason I am sure that it isnt just ir guided is that they use this to clear componds in afghanistan were the at4 will not penatrate enough in to the compond of engaement so they use above attack mode, with laser guided, as the IR would have anything to lock on to.
As far as I remember from what I have been told, the javelin can lock onto people aswell in the right conditions.

Though I think to fire on such things its not just heat but rather contrast in the image that you lock.Tanks aren´t the only thing that give off a heat signiture.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
Hunt3r
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
so when using the heavy at sometimes your missle stays right on target but becasue of the distance you loose sight and slam the At straight into the ground 2 feet away from your intended target. im sure thats happend to many of us. so do you think it would be possible to have scoped Heavy At tubes lock onto laser markers???? looking under the javelin suggestions i dont think that this idea would be too Overpowering because...

1 if your already in a position to fire a Heavy At chances are on your side your going to hit your target regardless of if there is a laser marking. its just those rare moments you wish you had a little help.

2 it could help increase teamwork and communication to help out and defend their heavy at kit players that arent lonewolfing.

..... this could also be a little suggestion on why not bring the javelin into the Us factions?..
the eryx is prettymuch the same thing as a javelin with the detatchable barrel from the scope. we could have a heavy At laser guided javelin if my idea goes through.
its just something to think about.

try not to shoot the idea down
unless its not possible with sufficent means
coding, glitches, things along those lines.

Thanks
Regarding Javelins, I'd love to see one. It's about time PR replaced the dinky SRAW with something else.

The Eryx has to be wire-guided though.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
gazzthompson

gazzthompson's Avatar
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

the Javlien hasnt been added because of its pure overpoweredness (ya, i said it) can you imagine kashan with one guy sitting on a hill and just taking out all the armor on the map with just a few clicks?

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
Alex6714

Alex6714's Avatar
Default Re: Laser Guided Heavy AT conventional forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
the Javlien hasnt been added because of its pure overpoweredness (ya, i said it) can you imagine kashan with one guy sitting on a hill and just taking out all the armor on the map with just a few clicks?
Haha, sounds like the current anti air system.

Javelin can be balanced fine in game, it wouldn´t be in PR currently because other changes are needed.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
conventional, forces, guided, heavy, laser
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.