project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
alvina
Default Recoil that pushes the screen back, if that makes sense?!

I cant remember the game, I think it was Call of duty 2 and Im not sure if its in PR already, maybe on some weapons, what Im talking about is adding, while firing, recoil that makes the screen push back for an instant. Understand what I mean? In real life the rifle recoil, while firing, pushes the force back into the shoulder making your upper body, and head, push back. For me, I think its a very importent detail so you can really feel the vibe of the gun. Can this be done?

[POT] Alvina
alvina is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Recoil that pushes the screen back, if that makes sense?!

There is already recoil on all weapons in-game...

Do you mean have the recoil make the sight appear bigger/the weapon appear to come towards you rather than just moving side to side? Or the other way round?

If so that smells hardcoded to me.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
alvina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
There is already recoil on all weapons in-game...

Do you mean have the recoil make the sight appear bigger/the weapon appear to come towards you rather than just moving side to side? Or the other way round?

If so that smells hardcoded to me.
The screen, what you see that is, is somehow supposed to be your eyes right? In PR, the weapon is the only thing thats reacting to the recoil, the screen should also react from the force, makin the screen bounce back, not much, but just for a quick moment, you understand me? This way it gives so much more feeling to it. And not only that, it should be there. I have always thought its not there because of hardcoded.

[POT] Alvina
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
ma21212
Banned
Supporting Member

you mean when you fire the screen shakes? y not sounds good (dont remember if its in PR aredy tho)
ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Cheditor

Well afaik when you throw the AT-4 to the ground its part of the firing animation, so you could maybe make it part of the firing animation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Adetter

Its hard to explain,i know what he means,and i would have liked it,but cant explain it.........
Adetter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

as far as i know it should be possible to make the camera move upon firing animations. remember that the camera moves during reload animations too so should definitly be possible, not sure how effektive it would be though

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
alvina

No not shake, hear me out friend . Push back, the screen, the view, when firing a round pushes back, back.

[POT] Alvina
Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
alvina

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]bosco View Post
Hard to tell, but from what I see its only the effects of the recoil going up and left and right on most weapons. I dont know, can someone verify.

[POT] Alvina

Tags
back, makes, pushes, recoil, screen, sense