project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Naruto-kun

Default MEC Crewman Suggestion

As we see a lot ingame is massive abuse of the Crewman kit.

i Would like to see the Crewmen with a G3A4Top one

this is a more equal to the US/GB Crewmen as they pretty much use a standard rifle, plus the G3A4 has a collapsible buttstock which adds more realism to it, plus it might end the abuse of the 1337 Crewmen.

As far as i know the Norwegians have a AG-3F1 which is very similar to the G3A4.

Known as LABANEN3 ingame
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Naruto-kun; 09-16-2009 at 06:04 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Ccharge

Default Re: MEC Crewman Suggestion

meh. I'm betting it would be roughly the size of a m4 collapsed so i'm not gunna argue. Mec are really the only guys who have a smg for crewmen.

if you miss him... try, try again
Ccharge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
goguapsy

yea, just change the bloody weapons for crewmans!
Make a burst fire or single fire! and DONE!

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
gazzthompson

even with a collapsible stock i doubt any crewman would want that in his vehicle.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
even with a collapsible stock i doubt any crewman would want that in his vehicle.
give them a knive and they are good to go.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:10 AM   #6
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg Send a message via Skype™ to Maxfragg

the model is already done - thx to KP

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Maxfragg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

^ I agree with the g3A4, and Max is right.

He also has a great sig :P

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:39 AM   #8
HangMan_

The crewman kit at the moment is extremely fun but a bit too awesome. G3A4 is a cool looking gun. +1 for this suggestion..

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #9
Herbiie

Yeah I like this (though it will be an end of awesome times when your APC is down, and you and your gunner and trapped behind it's brunt out hulk holding off hordes of US marines.... *sniff*)

If I'm brutally honest I think all crewmen should just get Pistols like Pilots did. I've been inside a Scimitar several times and a challenger once (driving position at least) and there would be no where I would want to keep an assault rifle - it'd just get in the way.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

The problem is the G3 is a big, chunky gun. On paper the difference between a collapsed M4 (757mm long) and a collapsed G3A4 (800mm) isn't that big, but the G3 is not a dainty, easily handlable rifle. Even the German army never issued tank crews with G3 variants (they used to get the MP2). The MP5 is a sensible choice for them.

Big battle rifles, or even full sized assault rifles, are extremely rare in the hands of tank crewmen. Historically they carried pistols or submachine guns and more recently carbines. As the MEC are employing a big battle rifle, it would be accurate to give thier crewmen and such either a 9mm SMG or handgun. If you look back at gun crews, engineers, etc in armies using 7.62x51mm rifles you'll almost always see a Sterling, grease gun, uzi or some other SMG strapped to thier backs.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
crewman, mec, suggestion