project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #41
Ironfist7997

Default Re: MEC Crewman Suggestion

i have to agree with Alex, even if we give everyone just a stick and a stone, ppl will moan cuz the stick is too short or the stone is too heavy.

lets just reduce the amount of ammo the crewman can carry.

"Just point me in the right direction, I'm bound to find the enemy eventually!!"
Ironfist7997 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #42
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

3+1 Mags sounds good, atm it's 4+1 IIRC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #43
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Right now they get something like 8 mags.

A few releases ago (one after the MP5 first came out), they said they altered the MP5 to be more of a "PDW". I had, at the time, translated this to "made it pants so it's more symbolic than lethal". It seems it's still alright, but for the jove of Leff, don't make it a crappy weapon just because you want to play keep away with infantry squads.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #44
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

I (of course, as a fan of the gun itself, not lonewolfing with it) agree with that. It should not be unrealistically bad, it's a realism mod after all. 2+1 mags should be more than enough for self defense, I mean, how many people does a crew kill outside of their vehicle? Maybe make aimed semi shots more and full auto less useful by increasing recoil a little bit but slightly increasing accuracy in short bursts or semi. That'd make it less leet but not less useful.
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #45
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

i see here some ppl dont like mp5 why? dont know how to use it?, or to many time you got pwnd by this weapon ? i like mp5 i love it, need it , i want it .
paratrooper[BG] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #46
RHYS4190

Iv never seen the MP5 end up in infantry squad's on the Aussie servers mostly because the people i know aren’t that stupid and il explain why. , the MP5 is not Over powered. it not when you add every thing up it pro's and some very serious con's you find that it lacking, it good for a PDW but that about it.

really the only thing this weapon has over the other guns is rate of fire, and essentially this is not good in the long ran, keeping this weapon supplied with ammo is a constant problem. It is also not good beyond 50m.

MP5 used in a front line situation is a fail and very stupid thing to do, If you end up in sustained fighting, your screwed, your going to run out of ammo.

Dev's If people what to uses the MP5 in the front line, let them they will wake up to the fact that is a stupid thing to do eventually and this problem will sort it self out.
RHYS4190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #47
paratrooper[BG]

Send a message via Skype™ to paratrooper[BG]

what about the sugestions for hamas weapons some kit will be with mp5 ?
for skirmish maps mp5 is great
paratrooper[BG] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
crewman, mec, suggestion