project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Colonelcool125

Default Side mount the UAV camera

Pretty simple, put a side mounted camera on the UAV so that it's easier to orbit targets and keep your eyes on a target. Even better, add two camera views. A front mounted one to help guide the UAV and a side mounted one to keep eyes on target once you get there.
Last edited by Colonelcool125; 09-08-2009 at 11:38 PM..
Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
drs79
Supporting Member

Default Re: Side mount the UAV camera

Maybe even a zoom in/out function so you can kind of have an idea where you are in fact flying over. I know personally I need to fuss with it more, its amazing though how on larger maps especially Kashan, you think you know the terrain from the First-Person perspective but when you move the UAV around from the birds eye view you get lost and realize the area you are surveying is actually no where near any of the action.

Though I'm usually a ground-pounder and maybe those who fly have a better idea from seeing the terrain/map from the sky.
drs79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Dev1200

That, and give a 100% top-down view instead of slanted (or is it not slanted? seems slanted to me)

Also, maybe put a marker on the map of the UAV's location for friendlies and the commander so you know where it is, so your not getting lost for half the time.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

what I'd like isif the UAV didn't turn so sharpely

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Arnoldio
Banned

I was about to post this yesterday, but fell asleep @ the comp...

What colonel said, side mount it, could be the same angle and add 2 or 3 levels of zoom: 1 level 0x zoom, 2. level current zoom and 3. level further zoom.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Hunt3r

How about FLIR?
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
Pretty simple, put a side mounted camera on the UAV so that it's easier to orbit targets keep your eyes on a target. Even better, add two camera views. A front mounted one to help guide the UAV and a side mounted one to keep eyes on target once you get there.
The second would be realistic as there are multiple cameras on small, class I UAVs; one nose-mounted for piloting and the side camera for observation. I don't know if that's possible, though, I'll get a coder in here.

Hunt3r, I'm not sure that an actual IR view that shows hot vs. cold (or rather just target vs. terrain) is even possible with the engine. Frankly I doubt it because nothing we could really use seems to be.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Hoboknighter

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread about this, and that some said that zoom is impossible for a missle like the UAV.
Hoboknighter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
octo-crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
what I'd like isif the UAV didn't turn so sharpely
If you click slightly to the right of the center of the screen rather than as far right as possible, it won't turn as much. In fact it turns very little.
octo-crab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #10
corp_calqluslethal

i get lost a lot with the uav, maybe have an icon on the map like when flying a jet or driving a tank you see the jet/tank icon so you know where exactly you are on the map. And maybe create a stop feature where the uav can stop and hover over the position it stops at. But overall enjoy the new possiblities the uav presents to the team.

corp_calqluslethal is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, mount, side, uav