project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #11
TheLean
Supporting Member
Default Re: Side mount the UAV camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp_calqluslethal View Post
i get lost a lot with the uav, maybe have an icon on the map like when flying a jet or driving a tank you see the jet/tank icon so you know where exactly you are on the map. And maybe create a stop feature where the uav can stop and hover over the position it stops at. But overall enjoy the new possiblities the uav presents to the team.

If video doesnt work: YouTube - RC airplane Hover
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:14 AM   #12
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo-crab View Post
If you click slightly to the right of the center of the screen rather than as far right as possible, it won't turn as much. In fact it turns very little.
I think the point Rudd is making is about realism. I'm no military expert but I doubt a UAV like that can turn on a penny.

We know it works like the TV mssile camera, where you click is where you end up pointing.

+1 for this idea Coolio.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
DannyIMK

the uav is based off the vanilla cruise missile. so i dont think its possible to give it more views/camera
DannyIMK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #14
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyIMK View Post
the uav is based off the vanilla cruise missile. so i dont think its possible to give it more views/camera
I don't really see why not. The camera on it will be the same as on any other object, so you can should be able to enable multiple views.
Probably can't do zoom though.
e-Gor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]e-Gor View Post
I don't really see why not. The camera on it will be the same as on any other object, so you can should be able to enable multiple views.
Probably can't do zoom though.
If you can do multiple views, though, then Zoom is certainly possible if your change the specific FOV for every view, wouldn't it be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #16
Smegburt_funkledink

Lol, If McLuv has 1 up on e-Gor there, I'll eat my hat.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
If you can do multiple views, though, then Zoom is certainly possible if your change the specific FOV for every view, wouldn't it be?
I'm not sure you can change the FOV independently for each view - I thought it there was a single setting for the camera as a whole. Might be wrong though.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Alex6714

I donĀ“t know if its the same thing but the Flir Zoom uses a camera, which changes FOV when you press c rather than a zoom comp.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Probably. Would you like some chilli sauce with your hat, smeg? It'll help hide the taste.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Since I assume you can't have a map icon attached to the UAV (as the player actually is still in the command post and I'd think the icon would appear there instead) - Couldn't you just put a dot in the middle of the minimap? Not a real icon, only a HUD element. Like a crosshair or speed indicator. Just over the center of the minimap? Or would that not work with some resolutions and stuff?
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, mount, side, uav