project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2006, 01:17 AM   #11
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson26thmeu
Whose eddie??? I don't look through the forums as much but let me get some info from my friends in Weapons Company.

you wanna do the mod a huge favor? get your buddy from weapons company to take different weapons, place them on a white sheet and get pictures from the top, bottom, left, right, front, back, and close ups on details, something to make any of the modelers to drool

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:19 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Riki_Rude_BTYC
you wanna do the mod a huge favor? get your buddy from weapons company to take different weapons, place them on a white sheet and get pictures from the top, bottom, left, right, front, back, and close ups on details, something to make any of the modelers to drool
that would be extramly useful.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:44 AM   #13
Andrew_Kirk_25

Plus, the M-14 DMR is for Designated Marksmen. Snipers use the M40A3.

Andrew_Kirk_25 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #14
johnson26thmeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Kirk_25
Plus, the M-14 DMR is for Designated Marksmen. Snipers use the M40A3.
True see i stick with regular infantry! I could care less what snipers use but i was close! the M40A3 is one accurate son of bitch though.

Vent: 216.86.152.227:4836
"Fuck you simps, i got moves to make!!
johnson26thmeu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:52 AM   #15
johnson26thmeu

Quote:
I'll see if they have time for thier pre-deployment training

Vent: 216.86.152.227:4836
"Fuck you simps, i got moves to make!!
johnson26thmeu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #16
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson26thmeu
Ahh excellent finding. Well let me tell you why i was told the SMAW person carried a rifle. One in the Iraq right now there are no tanks, and every Marine knows its a fight to the death so if all of your squad gets knocked out and you here with a SMAW and a pistol, do you really think he has a chance? No. Thats why i was under that impression! Sorry for the misunderstanding and is there a possible way to edit some of these damn voices, i hate the word medic, when i bleed i yell "CORPSMAN!!!!!!!!"
Like I said, not every unit uses the TO&E as their SOP. Your information is probably correct for that unit. No misunderstanding.

Yes, the voiceovers can be changed, but right now it's a low priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJones[31stMEU]
I was under the impression the Marines are sticking with AT4s and Javelins now they stopped buying the Predator SRAW I know this cause I have a friend in the United States Marine Corps I was also under the impression that the SRAW was going to fire and forget
The Predator SRAW is/was inertial-guided fire-and-forget, yes. The Marines are still using the M136/AT-4 and Javelin, but in the weapons platoons of the rifle companies, they have the SMAW, which is basically a "modernized" bazooka. It's used for more than just anti-tank, it also has a high explosive dual-purpose round for bunkers and exposed infantry; the round has the capability to penetrate and then explode. Future rounds include confined-space rounds and thermobaric incendiary rounds.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:25 AM   #17
Andrew_Kirk_25

SMAW-NE, Thermobaric. That's a lotta asskicking. *Drools*...

Andrew_Kirk_25 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #18
Fenris

Quote:
Since there are commercially available photos out there, I don't know why I feel so nervous about this request... but that little voice in the back of my mind is screaming OPSEC!!!

(lol... maybe you shoud ask for some hi-res photos of some commo gear, too.)
Fenris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #19
Wraith
Retired PR Developer

If some one posted high res photos of commo grear I would yell OPSEC... that's off limits to the civies.. I have a buddy that is in the us Para Rescue and he was telling me that part of the rescues they were doing in the US during hurricane katrina he had to have people sign NDR's due to the sensitive nature of the gear he was carrying..

Wraith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #20
Butmonkey

And if they didnt sign? "Sorry We have no room for you, we will come back for you." "But thers another 3 seats in the helicopter" "No thers not"

on a note about kits. Couldnt you use the weapon unlock slots as multiple kit loadouts for each class? Instead of everybody of the same class having the same loadout. It could also mean engineers arnt as explosive, Mines, Claymores, C4. The equipment could be split like in BFV with the two engineer classes.

Another option would be to allow a person to carry a pistol at the expense of carrying a weapon that is below average in strength and accuracy.
Butmonkey is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
heard, kits