project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Vehicle physics

I'm a fan of racing games, and vehicle physics in PR is not so realistic, i know its not a racing game but its not the point.

The thing im worried in is the suspension and the whole weight of the vehicle itself. Now i think weight of the wehicles is quite alright, since the gravity does the work and you cannot jump 50m just by hitting a little bump.

Damping is good too, the thing is actual lenght of the springs and their softness. I think the vehicles ingame are a bit too stiff, especially HMMW, then soon after that, the 5ts.

VBF2 Vodnik had the best physics ever IMO, it was soft enough for rough terrain and still very manageable on streets. Transport trucks in FH2 are very good too (actually, all FH2 vehicles have good physics)

It would be good if anyone woould take a look at this, its not major problem, but i think many people would appreciate it.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
HellDuke

Default Re: Vehicle psyhics

what was the word? hardcoded?

yes? no?

“Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.” - Lao Tzu

Never heard of Lithuania? Territory
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!!
Yes I know the map is old, but that doesn't really matter now does it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

The vehicle physics in general are not hardcoded afaik (just look at the new dirtbikes), but it's probably difficult to get right.
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
HellDuke

As far as i see the dirbikes folow the same rules. only thing is, they are on 2 weels and thus they fall and need to be riden differently

“Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.” - Lao Tzu

Never heard of Lithuania? Territory
!!!
Yes I know the map is old, but that doesn't really matter now does it?
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: Vehicle physics

/facepalm @ HellDuke

How can vehicle physics be hardcoded, im mean lol, its like "guns are hardcoded in a first person shooter"...cmon, everything isnt hardcoded and next time write something useful because you just made yourself look stupid.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Combined arms made some changes, makes the vehicle suspensions much better. But I'm not sold on how their gravity acts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
Arnoldio
Banned

A bit stiffer damping and softer suspension, i believe this is what majority of the vehicles need, and more realistic center of mass...
Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I kinda wish the collision models were better... but that probably is just a BF2 thing...

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #9
Psycho

Agreed on this suggestion, but I think I'd get banned from a lot of servers if this came in for driving off on my own to just jump some hills in the Humvee ;P
Psycho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Arnoldio
Banned

The problem is the cars dont get the grip on slopes with bumpy terrain due to their short springs, they take too much offroad damage because the damping is a bit wrong, when you fly overa jump, you back is heavier etc...

Tags
physics, psyhics, vehicle