project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
Scared_420
Default gaming vest

i posted this in a different sction a few days ago so im jus gonna start a new thread,,,tngames has a vest with air pockets that inflate with a compresser to wherever it was you got shot,,, there are 8 in total, to in from and 2 in back,, it work for over 20games but not project reality, if the devs could program the vest to work i can assure you and at least 1/2 of the regulars of PR will buy it... i bought it for unreal tournament and i end up sweating after playing for 15 mins... i would love to be able to use this accessory for PR, it would make sitting in a field 5 mins to get sniper more enjoyable and will give a sence of direction to what poisition he is in and it will impact you whereveer he shot ya (no arms or legs but there is also a helmet coming out)

check it out people, if ya havent heard of one before buy one when bss can confirm itll work with PR

www.tngames.com
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
AquaticPenguin
Default Re: gaming vest

I think this would require changes to the engine which only dice/ea could integrate so you'd have to post the suggestion to ea instead. It would be nice if it could work but I have a feeling no ones particularly interested in integrating it on such an old engine.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
[R-COM]Glimmerman
Dutch Faction Lead

Send a message via MSN to [R-COM]Glimmerman

Yes this is something only the vest manufacturer and EA/DICE can do.

Cheers,
Glimmer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Garmax

it'd be cool but not something im really interested in my friend's and family already think im a little wierd talking to myself over the computer for hours and hours at a time using military slang wearing a vest and helmet while i do it is a little too much.. although its cool ehhh

Garmax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Or better yet get your kid brother to punch you in the right spots when you get shot !

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

heh, no offense, but I can't imagine using something like this.
sitting in front of the pc playing a shooter with a vest and a helmet is just weird XD
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Masterbake
Banned

But this is not a shooter. This is reality.

Actually, it's a bit too kinky for my liking, maybe in BF3.
Masterbake is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
IAJTHOMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Saobh View Post
Or better yet get your kid brother to punch you in the right spots when you get shot !
I have an elaborate system of BB guns, strings and wires so I can get that truely authentic projectile impact sensation

Yeah, this might be a step to far for most people, I don't see it being that popular in the community to justify the work, even if the Devs were in postion to impliment it, which as others have said, they aren't.

IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Oddsodz

This is not that far away. I Am only guessing. But all that is needed is the latest BF2 1.5 patch. That has some new "Force Feed Back" system for that silly new controller from novatech. And as this vest would be using the normal "Force feed back" system that is in DirectX. It Should work anyway. But I am only guessing here.

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

What about electrical pulses, that simulates your "nerves" to think that youve been shoot, and your bleeding. So you would go through the pains of death, without dying? Just by hooking up some electrical equiptment.

Maybe even go so far, as to invent a device, that enables you to knife someone over the internet.

Seriously... I would really not want to wear a west...

My wife walks in... "What is that west?!"

"I... I... The people on the internet... They... ITS THE LATEST IN FASHION!" *Storms out of the room*

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gaming, vest