project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs
Default Insurgent cant use dropped HAT kit.

Im not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to either keep an insurgent from picking up a HAT kit from a dead coalition soldier OR if thats not possible then if he picks it up the HAT becomes unusable?

The reason I ask is because I would think in real life if an insurgent was to pick up a SRAW or a javelin etc that he would not have the proper training and know-how to use it. In PR, an ins can pick up a HAT kit and use it even though its not as simple as pulling a trigger on a gun {I think}

The other reason I suggest this is because people often complain if you request a HAT kit on an ins map saying that they dont want the ins to pick it up after you die. This could be remedied with my suggestion if its possible. I can see the ins being able to use the LAT kit, but not the HAT.

And I know lots of people are going to say you shouldnt be using a HAT kit on an INS map. Its done in real life, go look on liveleak at javelin videos in Iraq and Afghanistan. Im sure the DEVs would have removed it on INS maps if they felt it was unrealistic.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgent cant use dropped HAT kit.

I say sure, but HAT kit should have new penalities associated with it

probably could do it by making teh HAT kit just disappear like the ol civi kit

- spawn time increase of 1 min for losing such an expensive kit

- spawn time of HAT increased by 10mins

- number of HATs per team limited to 1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post

Yea, cus penalties really solve anything.... Ask the civi killing/killers about that. That also screws the team when it comes to armor support too.

But I would agree, having the insurgents use the HAT kit doesn't really make sense.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post

Hmm Im not really sure of the purpose of the penalites but none of those seem too bad. Especially the 1 HAT suggestion, if people know that the ins cant use their dropped HAT then more people may want to use it so yeah only 1 for coalition sounds like a good idea.

'
Old 08-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
fullkontact

I doubt an insurgent in reality would go "Oh look, the infidel. He was carrying a AT rocket and launcher.... let's leave it."

Nah, they'd pick it up and utilise it int heir plans. Besides I don't believe they could change it other than making all kits vanish instantly on death for the map
fullkontact is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullkontact View Post
I doubt an insurgent in reality would go "Oh look, the infidel. He was carrying a AT rocket and launcher.... let's leave it."

Nah, they'd pick it up and utilise it int heir plans. Besides I don't believe they could change it other than making all kits vanish instantly on death for the map
um yeah he would probably pick it up, but you really think he would be able to use it? a SRAW or javelin is not something you just pick up and shoot, it requires training. training that i doubt any insurgent on the battlefield has.

id say it would be good if the ins could pick up the HAT kit, and use everything but the HAT itself. that way he still gets the scoped m16 which is still a nice prize when your an insurgent.

and like i said i dont even know if its possible, i hope i can get some feedback from a dev on this.

'
Old 08-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
E4$Y

Send a message via Skype™ to E4$Y

And i don't think that they would get proper ammo for coalition AT weapons.

E4$Y is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
Hmm Im not really sure of the purpose of the penalites but none of those seem too bad. Especially the 1 HAT suggestion, if people know that the ins cant use their dropped HAT then more people may want to use it so yeah only 1 for coalition sounds like a good idea.
its just an expensive piece of kit

and its not Kashan where you are worried about armour attacking you all the time. Its a special tool in insurgency if the suggestion comes to fruition and should be treated with due reverence

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
mat552

It is the god of base defense, the right hand to the sniper, for INS maps. Big Red has nothing on a SRAW round.

When some poor fool takes it out of the main, it's almost enough to make me want to tk him to keep it out of their hands (key: almost. Never done it yet)

It'd be funny as hell though if some insurgent picked one up, forgot to switch off the safety or some other item and it either didn't fire or blew up in the tube.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

PR is now about the team at all costs. The costs that the individual pays are too great, and it's crushing anybody left who tries to shoulder the burden.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
flem615

i think there needs to be some new penalties regarding the HAT kit, and that insurgents should not be alb eto use them. however i DO NOT think that a team should be limited to 1 HAT kit.

Ingame Name: IICptMillerII
Xfire: Patton615, (nickname:IICptMillerII)
flem615 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dropped, hat, insurgent, kit