project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs
Default Re: Insurgent cant use dropped HAT kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem615 View Post
i think there needs to be some new penalties regarding the HAT kit, and that insurgents should not be alb eto use them. however i DO NOT think that a team should be limited to 1 HAT kit.
I agree except on ins maps then I think 1 HAT kit is a good idea.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
SkaterCrush

I think I'd go with 1 for ins maps. I *think* (note the asterisk's) that all the british units deployed in the Helmland platoon houses have a Javelin each, so it would make sense for one. I'm sorta half half for the kit disappear. I mean it doesn't take a genius to find a trigger on something. Would it be possible to add a lot of deviation or a chance to fire for ins?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SkaterCrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
burghUK

Theres a few insurgents out there with a vast experience of weapon systems of all kinds. If they can work out SA-7s , RPGs , PKMs and RPg-29s im sure an insurgent could work a HAT.

Keep them in.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #14
TheParadoX
Supporting Member

It doesn't exactly require a PhD to fire a HAT ... People can figure out quite easily how to operate it, I'm sure that even a google search will give you several replies. Otherwise, there is always liveleak. Anyway, if people choose and lose HAT kits on Ins maps, it's too bad for them IMHO.
TheParadoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
Human_001

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
Im not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to either keep an insurgent from picking up a HAT kit from a dead coalition soldier OR if thats not possible then if he picks it up the HAT becomes unusable?

The reason I ask is because I would think in real life if an insurgent was to pick up a SRAW or a javelin etc that he would not have the proper training and know-how to use it. In PR, an ins can pick up a HAT kit and use it even though its not as simple as pulling a trigger on a gun {I think}

The other reason I suggest this is because people often complain if you request a HAT kit on an ins map saying that they dont want the ins to pick it up after you die. This could be remedied with my suggestion if its possible. I can see the ins being able to use the LAT kit, but not the HAT.

And I know lots of people are going to say you shouldnt be using a HAT kit on an INS map. Its done in real life, go look on liveleak at javelin videos in Iraq and Afghanistan. Im sure the DEVs would have removed it on INS maps if they felt it was unrealistic.
Quote:
I can see the ins being able to use the LAT kit, but not the HAT.
So imagine this way. One day U.S. was invaded by some other country. Enemy tank and soldiers goes by in your town every day. One day, you found SRAW in pile of debris that one of soldier was carrying. No one is watching. You can take it back home.

You have months or years to figure out how to use this. You have Internet, You know former service member of armed forces, and You have friends. And once you figure this out you can tell everyone you know of how to use this arsenal.

Are you saying that under this circumstances you can't figure out how to use SRAW?

Therefore, it will be unrealistic to remove HAT kit from Insurgents for reason of them not being able to figure out how to use them.
Human_001 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
JKRMAUI

If the blufor manage to give the INS a hat kit..they deserve what's coming to them.

Sure one guy can mess things up really bad for the blufor by loosing a hat to INS, I wouldn't change it. It's fine as is. I rarely ever see a hat in the hands of the INS.

Lets just assume that not all Insurgents are utterly retarded cannon fodder. For one kit, that is rarely acquired by the INS, I can live with the way it is.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
jbgeezer

I have read that insurgent forces was able to obtain a javelin launcher, dunno if thats true though. And if you want to know how too use the javelin just play americas army 2

Live by the sword, die by the sword...

Ingame:G-LockCobra

jbgeezer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
llPANCHOll
PR Beta Testing Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_001 View Post
So imagine this way. One day U.S. was invaded by some other country. Enemy tank and soldiers goes by in your town every day. One day, you found SRAW in pile of debris that one of soldier was carrying. No one is watching. You can take it back home.

You have months or years to figure out how to use this. You have Internet, You know former service member of armed forces, and You have friends. And once you figure this out you can tell everyone you know of how to use this arsenal.

Are you saying that under this circumstances you can't figure out how to use SRAW?

Therefore, it will be unrealistic to remove HAT kit from Insurgents for reason of them not being able to figure out how to use them.
In my opinion, the kit should disapear.

llPANCHOll is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #19
fullkontact

I say keep it how it is.

If you take it out of main you need to either get a better control of your squad or your team as a commander.
fullkontact is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #20
E4$Y

Send a message via Skype™ to E4$Y

Okay, even if they would find coalition AT weapon, where would they get ammo for it? eBay?

E4$Y is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dropped, hat, insurgent, kit