project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
fullkontact
Default Individual Tank Traps

I mean Actual Tank Traps
I did search and didn't find anything.

We currently have tank traps in game for models, why not introduce them as a deployable asset for Combat Engi's only.

This will not work the same way as Tank Trap / wire. Instead it will be firmly held inplace unless a very large detonation such as a bomb, artillery or IED/C4 is placed.

This can be removed by a friendly Combat Engineer allowing for them to be used to restrict access for enemy tanks and vehicles. Thusly making the terrain more hazardous for them. They can be used well in all maps to stop light and heavy vehicles.

The most important part is they wont be damageable through incendries.

Tank Traps are perfect for use in a tight area such as on Qai to seal off areas from vehicle access to stop them from moving in to destroy your FoB. And as such can only be placed within 200 meters of an FoB In total 10 should be able to be placed if requested. Though 6 should really be more than enough.

With the introduction of these tank traps I think we should go back to the older style Razor Wire
fullkontact is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Peeta
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Individual Tank Traps

These traps and the old wire. I likes.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Scared_420

i think the regular mines would be more effective if they could be buried, however people will always forget to mark them on the map, i suggest making the mines invisible for the other team to simulate they wont know where it is placed but make them visible for the team that placed them, a mine on an open road is to easy to avoid but in RL if it is buried they r very effective and if 1 tank hits it the rest will go detour around that road
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
These traps and the old wire. I likes.
I don't like old wires because vehicles could drive through them without the wires being destroyed

but I'd like to see these tank traps, and because its so small it probably wouldn't need a mound of earth?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
fullkontact

No, no dirt mounds. I hate Dirt mounds which is why I say return to old style wire mabye a bit deeper to stop people crawling under but to be incorperated with the new traps to stop vehicles driving through
Old 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Orthas

Nice idea, would make defense much more interesting. But I think combat engineers of both sides should be able to remove them (probably with wrench?) not just friendly ones. Or then make them only removable by heavy explosives.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Orthas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
fullkontact

Like I said, all combat engi's will be able to remove with Wrench, C4 / IED's as will Jet Bombs and possible HEAT / AP rounds...
Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
driver-ch-driver

Send a message via MSN to driver-ch-driver

i think its a good idea...

driver-ch-driver is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
Garmax

i would like if you could place each individual trap thatd be awesome and make it alot better to defend and walk past

Garmax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
RedSparrow
Supporting Member

+1

It will give the combat engy more of a role as well, seeing as it's currently waaay underused.

[16:44] CareBear: c[_]
[16:44] CareBear: my care cup is empty
RedSparrow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
individual, tank, traps