project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: "Clear" Should be on the Comma Rose

sure

I'd also like to see "Follow me" on the first aid bag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #12
MrScruff

Instead of saying clear, or area clear etc. How about just say area secure!

If the Q commo rose has no more space, then add it on to the T commo rose.

That would be quite funny too. Watching everyone sprint to the repair depot to request kits only to have everyone shouting area secure!! area secure!!

Speaking of which, the commander has a function on his command screen to tell a squad to get the hell out of the area because a JDAM is about to come down. However all the commander screams is "FOX ONE FOX ONE!!!" Most probably the noobs dont check their maps to see if there is a big red circle there. And some people not understanding the lingo would be like "FOX WHAT?!"
MrScruff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

We're limited in what the commander / everyone else can say by the pre-recorded sound samples of BF2 vanilla, hence the "clear" problem. Without the audio quality of vanilla-comm-rose-messages: Either no sound, or bad quality sound - and how many people here have access to a sound studio and speak arabic, chinese, russian, english in differend accents, and all the languages to come?
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #14
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
sure

definatley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

and "requesting targets" for pilots
and "too hot " and "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!"
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #16
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

I suggested this a while back, can't find the thread, still support it! +1

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
Valtasar

I fuly support this idea.
And I would also like to see "Fire in the hole" for C4 or IED

Sorry for my English

Valtasar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #18
Psyko

clear, fire and ceasefire should defenitly be on commo rose for every squad member

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
mat552

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookimonsta View Post
and "requesting targets" for pilots
and "too hot " and "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!"
Ahahahahahah..aha..oh wow...thank you for making my day.

Also the Fox One thing never made sense to me. As I understand it, that's the code for the launch of a semiactive radar guided missile like the sparrow. Why couldn't we keep "Shot Over"?

I do really like "Follow me" on the medic comrose. Sudden idea: When "Follow me" is said, could the medic icon appear over his head to anyone who needs meds?

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

PR is now about the team at all costs. The costs that the individual pays are too great, and it's crushing anybody left who tries to shoulder the burden.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #20
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
sure

That's actually already ingame, but just for the SL when he right clicks on the "go go go " tab on the comma rose. US says "Move Out", UK says "GO GO GO" rather than "go go go" I think, and I don't know what the rest say, but they are just variations of that. I don't see how it would be a problem to just adjust that for medic and do the samething with him as with the SL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
idk if it will be useful. usually in insurgency maps when my squad is around a area searching through each building , its hard to keep track on where each person is and when they say clear, it wont be clear on where they are and sometimes whos saying it.
Just pull up your map when you hear someone say that and their name will glow for a second. You always need to keep track of your minimap when things like that are said. I spend at least half this game with my minimap up because its basically the "situation awareness" that the game cannot replicate.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clear, comma, rose