project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
cocobutter333

Default A Few Goodies

1. Remove sniper kits and certain assets from certain maps to improve sqaud/teamplay/realism, such as in assault i also build a mounted AA as the spash can take out a whole sqaud which is just an exploit. i c people grabing sniper just because its a "sniper kit" on urban maps souly for the kill
Why i hate sniper kit. i c people grabing sniper just because its a "sniper kit" on urban maps souly for the kills without giving intel or helping out other sqauds, which is thier job

2. Needs to be a way of incouraging medics to revive other blues its a rarity to see a medic try as hard as he does to revive other team mates as he does his own sqaud. Any ideas?

3. give the L85 beyonet a firing option (left click to shoot and right click to kill zombies)

4. Decrease LMG scope abilty or add a low overheat (LMG's now being used in sniper sqauds ect)

5. if possible make it so certain helicopters/APC's require all pilots/crewman to be in the same sqaud and with atleast 2-3 pilots/crewman in it, so u dont get half inf half armor squads and incourage transport on such maps as fools road.

Had more.......All i could remeber
cocobutter333 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: A Few Goodies

Quote:
3. give the L85 beyonet a firing option (left click to shoot and right click to kill zombies)
can't be done

Quote:
4. Decrease LMG scope abilty or add a low overheat (LMG's now being used in sniper sqauds ect)
overheat seems best, encourage burst fire

Quote:
5. if possible make it so certain helicopters/APC's require all pilots/crewman to be in the same sqaud and with atleast 2-3 pilots/crewman in it, so u dont get half inf half armor squads and incourage transport on such maps as fools road.
no, let the team organise how they see fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobutter333 View Post
1. Remove sniper kits and certain assets from certain maps to improve sqaud/teamplay/realism, such as in assault i also build a mounted AA as the spash can take out a whole sqaud which is just an exploit. i c people grabing sniper just because its a "sniper kit" on urban maps souly for the kill
Why i hate sniper kit. i c people grabing sniper just because its a "sniper kit" on urban maps souly for the kills without giving intel or helping out other sqauds, which is thier job
So you hate the sniper kit because of the people that use it? Realism = Being aware that an enemy sniper may have spotted you.

If everything that people use retardedly were removed from the game, we wouldn't have any weapons to play with. I prefer PR being made for people that want to play it how it's ment to be played rather than being dumbed down for n00bs.

Quote:
2. Needs to be a way of incouraging medics to revive other blues its a rarity to see a medic try as hard as he does to revive other team mates as he does his own sqaud. Any ideas?
Again, this is a player problem. Medics should be playing for the team. Mumble should help those frustrating situations. I feel your pain though. Every time I get wounded, it seems all the blue medics run the other way.

Quote:
Ressugestion, from what I've heard from Devs and coders, not possible.

Quote:
Again, player problem. Lets keep the LMGs realistic please. If an excessive overheat was added, it would affect everyone, not just the ones being used in sniper squads.

Quote:

Stay on Mumble and everyone will be one big happy platoon.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #4
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

yeah, sniper kit is often misused, but its the same thing with other rare assets. when i drive the tank on basrah, i survive at least half an hour, when someone else does, they often die within the first 5 minutes. should we remove that as well?

i often end up playing a medic, and i do my best to help the rest of the team. problem is, most people get shot and give up immediatly, even if I am nearby. and if you are lying in the middle of the street during a firefight, I am not coming to get you up, its your own damn fault you got killed if you aren't in cover, and i would rather loose 1 ticket than 2.

hardcoded i believe

don't do this, the new lmg has finally made people think before they run into the open. the lmg is perfect for suppresion fire, and if you are stupid enough to stick your head out while an lmg is opening up on you, then its your own fault you died. the suppresion on the lmg is a step in the right direction.

why? mechanized infantry is fun XD

Had more.......All i could remeber
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
Ccharge

First of all whats with the big text? second of all its not i c, its I see. Remember that because we like grammer

Quote:
Snipers do there job fine, I don't see why your whining. Unless theres the n00b snipers running around. I see snipers report to the team all the time.

Quote:
Go play on a mumble server or a teamwork oriented server. You will get revived by team mates when possible. when im medic i usally do try and revive anybody in the area that i can.

Quote:
So you would rather fire without looking down the sights and let your bullets hit everywere but what your aiming at. Also, I belive this is hard coded.

Quote:
Well thats the point of the scope. MG's can now be used for what there meant to do. Accurate suppression of the enemy. If you have been hit by a so called MG Sniper then you probably just put your head up at the wrong time and got hit.

Quote:
What? All APC's, IFV's, MBT's, etc require 2 crewmen to fully operate along with all attack choppers. Huey squads are almost always full with pilots transporting people. It would be stupid if all of a sudden the gunner of a APC got killed and the driver got killed because the gunner got killed. Usally when you get those half squads its because the team has ran out of that asset or because some n00bs took it. 1 manning is virtually impossible now so theres no more of that.

Remember post about stuff that could change gameplay. Not just because you had some bad experiences with PR.

if you miss him... try, try again
Ccharge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccharge View Post
First of all whats with the big text? second of all its not i c, its I see. Remember that because we like grammer

I think you mean spelling, not grammar.

I don't like any of the suggestions, but I would like an ability for the commander to restrict kits availability, which would address his first item.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My

My

My

AnimalMother's
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
cocobutter333

Quote:
Remember post about stuff that could change gameplay. Not just because you had some bad experiences with PR.

u might think im just talking about my "bad experiences" but not at all, ur telling me u have nether seen or used urself AA against anything other than air assests which is totally unrealistic.

also ever since 0.86 ive had people conplaining to me about sniper LMG's so i thought i would post it.

i find when theres a group of people on mumble cant tell who is talking with no name verification ends up being a shout fest.
cocobutter333 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #8
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
i find when theres a group of people on mumble cant tell who is talking with no name verification ends up being a shout fest.
There is 1 server I've been auto-kicked from for but Mumble does have an overlay system that allows you to configure a list of names to appear as they speak.

Does anyone know which servers kick for using overlays?

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 AM   #9
Tartantyco

-Punkbuster kicks, smeg.

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
goodies